Valued Contributor

Re: New Elf dupe for Tacha's Silk Canvas Primer

I got an email from Elf saying this item is back in stock.  I am ordering it now.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal .   I know a lot of people really like Elf products but I have wondered about this line....why is it so cheap?  Sure who doesn't like saving money but are the ingredients inferior? ...in the long run bad for the skin?  Is the primer really like Tacha's (which BTW is a very expensive line?) . 

I would love to hear from others too.

@haddon9

Elf cosmetics are made in China, therefore I won't put it on my skin.  Through the years I've learned about their inferior, dangerous ingredients in everything they make, not just cosmetics. 

Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

I got an email from Elf saying this item is back in stock.  I am ordering it now.

@customerqvc2- Would love to read a review after you've had a chance to try it out!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@customerqvc2- Would love to read a review after you've had a chance to try it out!  Smiley Happy

Yes, I'll post my comments when I get it.  Since somebody posted that it is made in China, now I am hesitating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Exactly which ingredients would be of concern if an elf product is made in China? If it's sold here in the USA then the FDA regulates the ingredients used in manufacturing of cosmetics and are considered safe unless there are reasons to pull it off the shelves.

If you feel that a cosmetic product may have caused harm then you can file a formal complaint with the FDA and they will investigate.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Exactly which ingredients would be of concern if an elf product is made in China? If it's sold here in the USA then the FDA regulates the ingredients used in manufacturing of cosmetics and are considered safe unless there are reasons to pull it off the shelves.

If you feel that a cosmetic product may have caused harm then you can file a formal complaint with the FDA and they will investigate.

@SilleeMee, I don't know who regulates dog food that is manufactured in China, but pets have died as a result of eating pet food made in China. 

I know we are not talking about dog food, but cosmetics.  If China can't be trusted regarding our pets, how can I trust Chinese products and put them on my skin.  (Which absorbs like a sponge). 

I'm not taking a chance.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@SilleeMee, I don't know who regulates dog food that is manufactured in China, but pets have died as a result of eating pet food made in China. 

I know we are not talking about dog food, but cosmetics.  If China can't be trusted regarding our pets, how can I trust Chinese products and put them on my skin.  (Which absorbs like a sponge). 

I'm not taking a chance.  

Ingredients used in cosmetics sold in the US are regulated by the FDA. If you don't trust the FDA to make our cosmetics safe, then who do you trust? 

Recalled and discontinued products are found everywhere. Some are made in China and others are not. Unsafe products (anything) can be made by anyone, not just China. This is the biggest reason why I don't buy cosmetics, or any health-related products, from ebay. What they sell cannot be regulated.

Pet food sold here in the US is regulated by the FDA:

https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/AnimalFoodFeeds/PetFood/default.htm