Respected Contributor

New Discovery!!!

[ Edited ]

I had cataract surgery on Monday.  Among other precautions is the issue with shampooing without getting anything in your eye.  The shield that is provided is not a guarantee.

As luck would have it, last Saturday my sister had her hair 'shampooed' while she is in rehab for a broken hip & shoulder.  Her hairstylist brought along a bottle of 'No Rinse Shampoo'which is used by NASA.  My sister's hair looked clean and fresh when all was said and done. Took mere minutes.

I went to Sally's and bought a bottle ($7+).  It is a miracle product!  So simple and yet leaves my hair clean and smelling great.

All one need do is pour on your hair and massage through.  Towel dry - style.  Repeat. Voila!  DONE! Since I have a pixie cut, I just let it air dry.

Cannot say enough about this product.  I mentioned it to my opthalmologist when I went back Tuesday and she'd never heard of it.

Check it out!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting about this!  I am facing a hip replacement in a few weeks and this will be ideal for "shampooing" until I can do the real thing.  I will be off to Sally's soon.  Tha KS again!!

Honored Contributor

Wow, I never knew they made something like this! I've been needing this for a long time. Thank you @pommom for posting.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I've seen that advertised for many years now in catalogs like Solutions or catalogs that sell items to help people with mobility issues, but that's the first review I've read of it. Thank you for posting. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing the infomation.  I'd be interested in trying this.

Respected Contributor

I've used this for many years. The only downside is that you wet your whole head with it, so it doesn't have the advantage of dry shampoos that are basically spray, brush, and go. I also found it pretty effective. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, jeez. I can't tell you how much I would have loved this during my recuperation from four foot surgeries.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Back in 2015 I was in the hospital for two weeks and I was debilitated. The nurses used something like this: it was wet:  they put a shower cap on me that came with the kit, and "shampooed" me with their fingers.  It really did a great job of cleaning my "rats nest" of hair. 

It doesn't replace really clean hair that you get from "traditional" techniques, but given the high fever and sweating, it really went a long way in refreshing me.

Poodlepet2