Esteemed Contributor

Out of curiosity I looked up a new cream from EL - its benefits, and of course, the ingredients. As I scrolled down the page, I came across this disclaimer:

Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.

Has anyone else come across anything like this? Is this a matter of course in the skincare industry? Just a little shocking to me.

Respected Contributor

Not surprising in this era of shortages.

Honored Contributor

That's what I've been led to believe when it comes to ingredients...that they can change at any time so you just have to check your 'bottle' each time you buy a new one. It's nothing new to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I know, but this was the launch of a brand new cream.

Aren't they trying to win you over with their new formulation, different from the ones across the isle?

Respected Contributor

Re: New Cream Ingredients

[ Edited ]

I applaud their honesty. Also, their lawyer probably made them do it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That's what I've been led to believe when it comes to ingredients...that they can change at any time so you just have to check your 'bottle' each time you buy a new one. It's nothing new to me.

@SilleeMee   Yes, this has been on my packaging for many years and stated online if order from any site. I think of it as a "cover my a*s" policy. I always check each shipment I receive.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa    I have seen (not in those words)  that ingredients can change.  Now that's reassuring -- LOL.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I know, but this was the launch of a brand new cream.

Aren't they trying to win you over with their new formulation, different from the ones across the isle?

@Harpa   The industry is changing a lot. The percentages of an ingredient may also change and they usually do not post that on packaging. Even new products have disclaimers. 

Honored Contributor

I've been seeing this for a long time.  

Respected Contributor

Yes I have seen this before and it seems to be common.   Made me aware that I need to check if I want to know what is in there.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.