Honored Contributor

Re: New Cailyn makeup from Evine -WOW!

I was tempted by several items, but will wait to see what they offer in Aug. For those that purchased, pls post reviews.

@ElvisShops - I have yet to try a matte lip product that doesn't dry out my lips. Was impressed watching the demo for that big kit. Heather/host said it was different and I thought she looked good as well as the models.

It's unlikely I would want every color in that kit. Hoping they will offer smaller kits or some discovery kits with a choice of color sets like nude, berries etc. I'm interested to try both the matte & the peel off stain lip  products.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I was tempted by several items, but will wait to see what they offer in Aug. For those that purchased, pls post reviews.

@ElvisShops - I have yet to try a matte lip product that doesn't dry out my lips. Was impressed watching the demo for that big kit. Heather/host said it was different and I thought she looked good as well as the models.

It's unlikely I would want every color in that kit. Hoping they will offer smaller kits or some discovery kits with a choice of color sets like nude, berries etc. I'm interested to try both the matte & the peel off stain lip  products.

@Chi-town girl,

Have you ever tried the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in matte? These don't dry out my lips. I've been wearing the Really Red #006 and I normally never wear red! But this one looks really good! You might like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

regarding the liquid/matte colors that aren't drying; they've come a long way! High end and drug store brands (I've conducted my own 'survey') and I'm wearing the Maybelline Vivid Matte as we speak. Good staying power and no drying! I picked up the Milani with similar results.

My issue with the Maybelline is that it's perfumey tasting/smelling! Milani tasted/smelled like frosting.

For the 'high end' I like OCC Lip Tars and Jeffrey Starr

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl,

Have you ever tried the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in matte? These don't dry out my lips. I've been wearing the Really Red #006 and I normally never wear red! But this one looks really good! You might like them.

@SilleeMee - I have not tried that Revlon lipstick. Thx for the rec. Will check it out. How long does the color last? Do you need to reapply after a meal?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@HappyDaze - very intriguing line/products. Interested to read your thoughts once you get a chance to watch/review.

This is the Once Only lip kit. 

CAILYN Cosmetics 24-Piece Pure Lust Extreme Matte Lip Color Set - 311-903

soldout_2008_overlay_1 (4).jpg

This kit includes a fab 4-way lip brush. 4 colors to choose

CAILYN Cosmetics Four-Piece Cocoon Lip Stain Innovation Set - 311-801

311-801.jpg

Do you guys really like matte lipsticks? Matte seems to be all the rage right now, but, imo, it makes lips look harsh, dry and aged. Even on really young girls, it just doesn't wow me.

@ElvisShops,

I just discovered I like matte. Have you tried the Revlon Super Lustrous in matte? They are not drying. I am wearing the Really Red #006 and I never thought red was for me but this matte one is the bomb!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl

regarding the liquid/matte colors that aren't drying; they've come a long way! High end and drug store brands (I've conducted my own 'survey') and I'm wearing the Maybelline Vivid Matte as we speak. Good staying power and no drying! I picked up the Milani with similar results.

My issue with the Maybelline is that it's perfumey tasting/smelling! Milani tasted/smelled like frosting.

For the 'high end' I like OCC Lip Tars and Jeffrey Starr

@Andreatoo - thx for the rec's. It's been several years since I tried any new matte lip products. I'm really drawn to some of the deeper berry tones.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl,

The Revlon Super Lustrous matte has very good staying power even after eating/ drinking. It definitely stains your lips and since it's matte, there's really no need to gloss it out unless you want to. There's a Mink color I want to try next...it has rave reviews...and they say it's a very wearable natural-looking brownish shade which, imo, looks wonderful on older gals like me...I'm 61.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @Chi-town girl

NYX has a great selection, for a really reasonable price but finding them that haven't been opened and tried on (yuck!) is turning out to be a difficult proposition.

Honored Contributor

I was looking at the set and read the reviews, people liked the brush but thought the foundation didn't have much product in it. I was really only interested in the brush. I went to Amazon and they have the brush for $19.19, with tax (I am a Prime member so free shipping) it was $20.89. On Evine the foundation with brush would have been $40 with shipping and tax. 

Trusted Contributor

Evidently, I am missing the matte revolution. LOL. I will check out the revlon option. Smiley Happy