Trusted Contributor

New Cailyn makeup from Evine -WOW!

[ Edited ]

I had a $10 off discount to use at Evine and bought the Cailyn BB fluid touch compact with the O! Wow brush. I saw the demo and was impressed. I looked up this brand name and saw it had stellar reviews on their website, the brush itself cost $32 so the kit with the brush and BB cream with my discount was 26.00.

I received it today and tried it when I got home from work. First off I got the amber shade. Heather and the vendor were wearing the nutmeg and they both looked like true medoums to me. I chose amber because I work outside and usually get quite tanned, I use Bobbi Brown medium to deep tinted balm in the summer.

Anyway, the amber is just a hair too dark right now but in a couple weeks it will be perfect. The brush is unlike anything else I've tried. The coverage goes on flawless and my face looks airbrushed. I took my handheld mirror to my large picture window so I could see it in full daylight, sometimes colors look good in bathroom mirrors and then much too masky in daylight. Nope. Not this one. It was still airbrushed and perfect.

It's a keeper. I may go ahead and order a refill of the nutmeg right now since I have the brush and then can use that until summer.

Cailyn website has 2 more shades that Evine had if interested.  This is a good find for me. I am buying more and more from Evine these days,(and HSN since they keep sending me coupons and discounts and free shipping.  My easy pays on the makeup are only 3.63 a month! 

heres' a little something about the company:

The Cailyn Cosmetics Brand was launched over 10 years ago by Smile World Inc. A manufacturer and supplier of the highest quality mineral cosmetics for private labeling companies, and skin care products for doctors, spas, salons, and big brand cosmetics companies throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South Korea, and South East Asia.

Cailyn Cosmetics is a leading cosmetic retailer of innovative, all-natural and mineral-based makeup products, and unique skin care lines.

Cailyn Cosmetics strives to create innovative products which stand out among competitors. From developing cutting edge formulas to providing the highest of qualities, Cailyn sees the needs and desires of their customers and surpasses their expectations. All products from Cailyn come in beautifully designed and unique packaging. Cailyn prides itself in the attention to detail.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

Re: New Cailyn makeup from Evine -WOW!

I got their eyebrow product still searching for the holy grail of eyebrow products expecting it to be just so so like all the others I've tried.  Well I was sure surprised to find it is all that and more.  It's been a few weeks of using it and I still like how natural it looks.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review.I did see a show, and thought the products looked really nice...I may have to take a look see on Evine....

Honored Contributor

Is this the Bruce Jenner "Caitlyn" line?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is this the Bruce Jenner "Caitlyn" line?

no. If you look up the line as I spelled it out Cailyn, you will see it sold on Evine as well as other sites. I posted information on who owns the company in my OP for over ten years.  It has nothing to do with Jenner. 

Honored Contributor

Is this line Cruelty-free?

Trusted Contributor

from the google search I did, yes. 

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl - do you still like the BB? @Any other reviews for the BB + brush? The brush looks like the same design as Artist. I might pick it up in the future.

Looks like an interesting line + products. Pls post reviews/rec's

CAILYN Cosmetics BB Fluid Touch Compact w/ O!WOW Brush - 310-742

• 310-742.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl I thought I'd jump in here to tell you that I bought that set and have seriously considered buying another, just to have a back up of that brush! LOL  IMO, they named it exactly right cause I think I actually said that the first time I used it.

I don't have big pores nor a lot of them, but it completely airbrushed out the ones I do have.

I also have 310-751 CAILYN Cosmetics Three-Piece Clean'IT Pigment Zero Skincare Collection Super Bargain $ 39.06 w/s&h 6.99 310-751- CAILYN Cosmetics Three-Piece Clean'IT Pigment Zero Skincare Collection

I'm very happy with that also. I fully intend to consider other products in the future.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

@luv2drive - thx for your review & info. Glad to read of your positive experience. It's also nice the brush is angled, can stand & includes a cap for travel. The makeup delivery makes it travel friendly.

I am watching the current show & also impressed with that lip kit once only. Love the pigment & it looks great on Heather.

That cleansing kit looks like an excellent value. 

I hope they do a TTV in the future - a discovery kit that includes the foundation brush woild be fab Heart

Made in U.S.A.. some of those containers look similar to Skinn containers. Maybe D's facility is the manufacturer?  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri