Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Beekman 1802 Apricot and Tea Honey Bounty Box

@willdob3 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@willdob3 Have you tried this Apricot Green Tea in any of products before?

It's now 5+ hours since I applied the body cream and its lovely. A hint of tart apricot cloaked in soothing zen green tea. It's both perky and warm. Very yin yang. I hope you love it!

@rochelleS - No, I hadn't tried this scent before. I wish I had your nose; I smell almost nothing from this scent. Not enough to identify anything.

@willdob3 That's exactly what happened to me. Barely any scent then it started to develop or bloom. Hopefully it'll do the same on you. Crossin' my fingers for ya!

@rochelleS

Sadly, the body butter & hand cream never developed any noticeable scent for me. I've been using the body butter every day & it is pretty much scent-free. It moisturizes nicely though. 

I hope the soap has a bit more scent because I was hoping to give a couple bars as gifts and I won't if they don't smell good. 

I do like the lip balm. 

@willdob3 I am so sorry to hear the body butter isn't 'blooming' its scent on you. Bummer. Try the soap. Liking the lip balm is a pricey compromise to the bounty box cost overall. What comes to mind is the Skinn Essential Radiance oil duo 310 607. Two 4.2 oz bottles for 44.60. A lovely green tea scent. I had been using Wen Bamboo Green Tea oil, 4oz for $50ish, which is pricey when mixing with my body cream (319 NBT) so I bought the Skinn as a more economical alternative to try. It works! It's lovely, mixes beautifully, smells great and twice as much for less. This probably is a redundant suggestion, as it's the bounty box that is the 'issue', but I thought I'd throw it out as a considerstion. Do you like the butter? Do you have any scented oils you can play with? Maybe eBay will have a single of the ER oil you can try. Haven't had a chance to look. There are, or may be options besides returning the BBox. {{Hugs}}

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS

Since I have purposely purchased fragrance-free products, the fact that these products (body butter & hand cream, possibly the soap) seem to have none isn't going to make me return them or add anything to them. They still do what they are supposed to - moisturizer. I'll just use up the body butter as quickly as possible to get rid of it because it isn't something I'll find myself reaching for because of the scent. I just hope the other bounty boxes have more scent to them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received my A/D Summer Bounty Box - Sweet Grass! It smells wonderful! Can't wait to jump in the shower & use the soap! 

Trusted Contributor

I too received the Sweet Grass and must say I am pleasantly surprised. I swore I wouldn't like it. My mom sent it and I was going to have her cancel that one. I'm now glad I didn't - it's not "minty" at all. I actually find it to be a very relaxing scent. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to see your  updated comments on the latest Sweet Grass Bounty Box @willdob3@nycgrl. I just opened mine too. I slathered the hand cream on and was delighted with the perky fresh green scent. I definitely smell mint, spearmint, I believe.  The two scents meld very nicely and leaves me with a very pleasant "fresh" fragrance. The scent of the hand cream dried down after a bit leaving me with an undertone of something familiar. A vague and old soap scent that is somewhat elusive. Maybe Tone soap? Of which I haven't used or smelled in decades. Can't quite place it but there's a definite familiarity happening. The perky green and spearmint is still there but much softer and rounded by this soap scent. It's still a very nice, fresh and cleanly scented

How are you liking this new B.Box configuration?  I think I like the original better. A little more bang for the buck with more items. I would mix the (previous) body lotion with the Wen Nourishing Body Treatment Cream for its scent and that worked well for me. On its own, the Beekman body lotion seems 'skinny' but nicely scented. Used the liquid shower soap at the sink too.

I do enjoy these Bounty Boxes very much though. Fun to receive this beautiful package.

Isn't the fall a new FIG and something something. ..can't remember exactly what right now but do recall it sounded very attractive though.

Enjoy your spoils, ladies! 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS

I would prefer a different configuration. I don't remember the previous configuration.

I can't use this much soap. I gave all but 1/2 bar away (My friends are qujite happy with this configuration!) from the first box and I still have most of that 1/2 bar left. One bar of soap would be perfect for me. I'd like the liquid shower gel but don't really need it in the same scent as I have the soap in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3

The fist Bounty Box series that I ordered had 3 lg bars of soap,12 oz body lotion and liquid shower soap, hand cream and lippie.  Same price as the current BBox!

Like I'd mentioned, I liked this configuration more. I got more from the two 12 oz products than the single body butter. Plus I'm totally in love withe the Wen NBT. Been using this for a couple years now and have yet to find anything superior.  It's truly that good, just the best ever! (Have you tried it yet?)

I can appreciate what you are saying about the soaps, yet they really are a great gift. Everyone loves being a recipient of this beautiful little package. I bot alot of the Salux cloths for gifting. These together have been a great pair for any occasion.  Very well received .

I recently purchased a bunch of Spongelle products that were half off on the last view your deal (dot com) promotion. Check out the Spongelle website. Adorable and attractive items, many purchased with gifting in mind. Still anxiously awaiting my package, it's the last to come. I did some serious shopping and have been truly pleased with my purchases. Amazing Cosmetics, another vendor participating and also available on the Q btw, has truly turned out to be a remarkable product(s) but I digress...

Honored Contributor

My summer box came the last week in June. (after I received a letter a few days earlier stating there was insufficient stock to fill my order)

I like the scent.  I would prefer some liquid hand soap and hand lotion to fill the caddies I already have. I do not need anymore lippies, bath gel or face wipes EVER again.

QVC Customer Care