Honored Contributor

New Beauty Person on YouTube

Was watching a new - to me - person on YouTube this morning.  She's probably in her 50's and, I think, based in London.  Her name is "Speed Beauty by Caroline Barnes."  I am new to this beauty video stuff on YouTube so others may have heard of her.  I liked her.  Easy to listen to, doesn't go over the top with her makeup - at least the one I watched - and goes step by step and talks about colors and what skin tone goes with what, etc.  I watched her hooded eye makeup tutorial and thought it was very informative and easy to follow.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Beauty Person on YouTube

@JudyL wrote:

Was watching a new - to me - person on YouTube this morning.  She's probably in her 50's and, I think, based in London.  Her name is "Speed Beauty by Caroline Barnes."  I am new to this beauty video stuff on YouTube so others may have heard of her.  I liked her.  Easy to listen to, doesn't go over the top with her makeup - at least the one I watched - and goes step by step and talks about colors and what skin tone goes with what, etc.  I watched her hooded eye makeup tutorial and thought it was very informative and easy to follow.

@JudyL   Yes, I have her on my Makeup List, too. She's very good and uses simple looks and/or easy to understand instructions.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Here's a short list of additional makeup videos you may enjoy: 

Tamara's Timeless beauty (may have given her wrong "address"

Tammy's Ageless Beauty

Risa Does Makeup

Pamered Wolf

Michele Wang (only high end reviews and demos)

Nikol Johnson

....and Speed Beauty

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - thanks!  Tamara's Timeless Beauty and Tammy's Ageless Beauty are awful close - same person? Seems like they would be confused with each other rather often.

I've seen some of the other names when on YT but haven't checked them out yet.  So many videos....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   When Tamara started her channel (fairly new), she acknowledged the similarity in names w/ Tammy's so there'd be no confusion. There still is some.

Honored Contributor

My favorite is still Emily Noel and part of that is she doesn't do any sponsored videos.  So many of these YTbers are sponsored video after sponsored video and are no longer enjoyable to me or credible.  Emily does videos that I find useful and informative and she really does some gorgeous eye looks.  There is no fakeness, pretense or airs being put on.  I love her sense of humor, her voice is soothing, there isn't constant hair fiddling or posing for the camera.   

@Shanus Risa was one of the first YTbers I watched and I really liked her but lately do you feel like she is sinking to responding and going after people who make negative comments?  It seems she is doing it more and more whether it's responses on YT, her Instagram or making a dedicated video about it.  I don't like the negative comments being made but I just feel like she needs to rise above and move on.  Maybe it's just me.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My favorite is still Emily Noel and part of that is she doesn't do any sponsored videos.  So many of these YTbers are sponsored video after sponsored video and are no longer enjoyable to me or credible.  Emily does videos that I find useful and informative and she really does some gorgeous eye looks.  There is no fakeness, pretense or airs being put on.  I love her sense of humor, her voice is soothing, there isn't constant hair fiddling or posing for the camera.   

@Shanus Risa was one of the first YTbers I watched and I really liked her but lately do you feel like she is sinking to responding and going after people who make negative comments?  It seems she is doing it more and more whether it's responses on YT, her Instagram or making a dedicated video about it.  I don't like the negative comments being made but I just feel like she needs to rise above and move on.  Maybe it's just me.    

@Lipstickdiva   I rarely check INSTAGRAM. Maybe she's not getting the endorsements like others.