Honored Contributor

Re: New Beauty, New Makeup 💄

HeartHeartHeart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

I bought a tube of KVD's lipstick in a shade called Lolita.  I asked for something hydrating and this was what was recommended by an ULTA associate.  She'd really recommended Nars, but they didn't carry the line.  Although it's nice, it just isn't enough.  Any recommendations? Long time ago, I wore a lipstick by Lancome in a silver tube. It was luxurious,  but again my ULTA does not carry it.

I also purchased Lancome Deficils mascara. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom I am sorry that woman felt entitled to speak for you. Silly isn't it. Assuming that since she wasn't interested that you weren't either. At your "advanced age"! LOL

I like Muse, too. She doesn't push anything just shares her joy of makeup & sales!

Makeup is fun. Jewel tones look pretty on me. Neutrals & taupes make me look sickly. They accentuate any darkess around my eyes.

Don't listen to the people that tell you what YOU should wear for your age or any other reason. Wear what you enjoy.

I doubt that your friends think that you are crazy even if they don't wear makeup that much. 

Honored Contributor

ELF is a pretty good line and economical.  I have used various products.  Their putty is pretty good and the eye shadow sticks, too.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@september 

I admire you that you put your makeup on every day even when you don't go any place or nobody sees you!  I keep saying I will do this, but then I never do!  I am so far out of practice I will probably have to "re-learn" even the smallest things that I knew how to do before!  LOL!  I worked for almost 50 years and so makeup was just a no brainer.  It was like brushing my teeth every morning!  Even on weekends I never went without.  I used to never step foot out of the door unless I had my complete face on.  Well, those days are long gone!  Now, I just seem to apply when I have a special occasion --- and how often do I have those???? Like practically never!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

ELF has nice eyeshadows. The bite size palettes are pigmented and last long. i also like the no budge Magnetic Pull shadow stick. The Camo concealer is good and I'm thinking about getting the primer. I don't wear foundation, but I read that the primer can be worn by itself to cover imperfections. 

The ELF exfoliating scrub is gentle yet cleanses well. The brand is high quality and doesn't break the bank. It's recommended for those who can't/won't spend a fortune on skincare and makeup.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

@beach-mom 

HI !

I am 58 and aways loved makeup too . My mom and aunt loved makeup too. . I know what products and ingredients work for me now and try to stick with them . Makeup can be used for various reason to cover imperfections , look older /younger etc . Makeup can also be a wonderful creative outlet to try different looks and be fun  . I worked with women over the years who wore different makeup everyday . They matched it to their clothes, the holidays , their mood . It was pure fun for them. They were of various ages . Even if I know what I like , I would never pass up an oppourtunity to try new makeup .Its always nice to see ourselves through someone elses eyes and pick up some tips 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I admire you that you put your makeup on every day even when you don't go any place or nobody sees you!  I keep saying I will do this, but then I never do!  

Ditto!

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

look older /younger etc

I went to my parent's house a few days ago with only lashes and lips and dressed  in a t-shirt and jeans (obviously wasn't going anywhere else).  Mom said "you look like a little girl".  That's not the first time she's told me that when I'm not fully made up.  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

ELF has nice eyeshadows. The bite size palettes are pigmented and last long. i also like the no budge Magnetic Pull shadow stick. The Camo concealer is good and I'm thinking about getting the primer. I don't wear foundation, but I read that the primer can be worn by itself to cover imperfections. 

The ELF exfoliating scrub is gentle yet cleanses well. The brand is high quality and doesn't break the bank. It's recommended for those who can't/won't spend a fortune on skincare and makeup.

I use the concealer on occasion but the ELF High Definition powder is in my daily regime when I wear makeup

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri