Honored Contributor

Re: New Beauty, New Makeup 💄

Thanks @Dusty1 for your encouraging words! I wish I could wear jewel tones. There are so many pretty colors. I'm more neutral because of my coloring, but it's never stopped me from trying other colors, and it never will!

My friends put up with me for many reasons, and vice versa! Years ago I gave them Mally's High Shine lip colors. It was back when she owned her company. They always liked my colors, and tried them once in a while. So I thought they could have their own!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn - My experience is a lot like yours! My mom and my aunt (twins ) loved makeup, so I didn't know any other way! My mom had beautiful light hazel eyes with eyelids that showed. She always matched her eye shadow to what she was wearing. Everyone commented on it. And it looked great. Unfortunately I inherited my dad's "bedroom" eyes with hooded lids. That doesn't stop me; I just make my own crease! 

I usually play with my makeup on holidays. I almost always wear LG's Blush & Brighten in Cherry Custard in December. I actually have separate containers for my "seasonal" makeup. LOL! But that makes it fun!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I can do the basics in five minutes or less! Even if no one else sees me on my at-home days, I do occasionally see myself in the mirror.  Without makeup, I look like I just rolled out of bed.😜

Honored Contributor

I must have missed something, but perhaps that's a good thing.

I ❤️ the beauty boards & conversations!  I learn about so many other products that are available that I don't use.

The beauty & WEN forum are really the only 2 forums I participate in, & occasional the Pet Lovers forum.

When people start becoming negative and/or nasty, I just sail on by & don't waste my energy responding

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@september 

Five minutes?  You're good!  It takes me 20 minutes to just do my basic morning grooming - teeth, face washing, moisturizing and combing my hiar - LOL!  I guess I am slow! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

Hi Monicakm - So nice to connect and see that you love makeup!  I will be coming by and checking out what you share - have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@september 

Five minutes?  You're good!  It takes me 20 minutes to just do my basic morning grooming - teeth, face washing, moisturizing and combing my hiar - LOL!  I guess I am slow! 

LOL!  In my book that's quick!  I shower in the mornings, so I first brush, floss, Waterpik, then I take my shower.  That's about an hour.  Then comes by skin care, body care, make-up & hair, although my work from home make-up routine is not as much as my work from office (which doesn't exist anymore).  That's another 1.5 hours.  And my husband wonders why I get up at 3am...ha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hello beauties!

im looking for a pretty natural blush. Something that will give me a healthy, look. I'm not really skilled at applying blush so I can't do vibrant colors.  I told my hair stylist I want an ethereal glow! We had a good laugh at that one! Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell I don't know that you will look ethereal, but Mac Mineralize Blushes have a nice glow.

Not glitter. Just pretty.

Smashbox Cali Contour Palette is my favorite thing, but you have to work it a bit. 

I'm fair with neutral/pink skin. 

Cali Contour has 2 subtle contour colors, my favorite blush & 2 pretty highlights that aren't over the top.

The colors work on your face or eyes.

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 thankx!