Respected Contributor

New Bareminerals Powder Foundation

Just got an email from Ulta about a new Bareminerals powder foundation called barePro Performance Wear Powder Foundation. It's pressed. $30 for .34 oz. available online now and in stores July 24th. I'm such a sucker for trying new products so I'm sure I'll try it.
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Bareminerals Powder Foundation

Just went to check ingredients on this new foundation and the first one is TALC! Sorry to say I won't be buying disappointed in Bareminerals for using ingredients that aren't pure crushed minerals.

Valued Contributor

I don't think there is any spf in this either. Might be good for some people but I need the sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

It really is too bad that BE did not keep to Leslie's word and not add other ingredients into a pure natural line, but now that they have been purchased by another company, they are free to cheapen the ingredients and change the overall line......Shame on them! I won't be purchasing......

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Just got an email from Ulta about a new Bareminerals powder foundation called barePro Performance Wear Powder Foundation. It's pressed. $30 for .34 oz. available online now and in stores July 24th. I'm such a sucker for trying new products so I'm sure I'll try it.

@Rachb

So just how is this different from the other Bare Minerals foundations?     Any ideas?    

Super Contributor

I also saw this on the Ulta site over the weekend. I am a complete Bare Minerals girl. The whole cosmetic line works well for me. My first thought after reading ingredients was Talc!?!?!  Really?! My second thought, ok, prayer really was is this going to replace the Ready pressed foundation that has been available for a few years? I know that Ready has sunscreen protection listed and this new one does not.  I'll be so bummed if they discontinue the Ready pressed foundation. 

Trusted Contributor

I was wearing the loose matte foundation yesterday and the second I went out into the hot, humid weather, my skin itched like crazy.  Think I am done with Bare Minerals loose foundations, at least during the summer months.

Respected Contributor

@naturalfan maybe try MAC Mineralize pressed powder foundation. I love it 10x over Bareminerals.
Respected Contributor

@caheff wrote:

Just went to check ingredients on this new foundation and the first one is TALC! Sorry to say I won't be buying disappointed in Bareminerals for using ingredients that aren't pure crushed minerals.

Bismuth oxychloride in Bareminerals is not a pure crushed mineral. It is a manufactured by-product of lead and copper metal refining mixed with chloride and water.

http://www.thedermreview.com/bare-minerals-ingredients/