Honored Contributor

Re: New Bare Minerals foundation-

[ Edited ]

Sharke, Sorry don't know how to upload link. If you go on Youtube type Wayne Goss channel will come up. Look under his videos, Pro foundation review recently filmed. Hope this helps. He really likes the foundation.

Honored Contributor

I done found it, hun !

Trusted Contributor

We all knew this would happen but it's still sad.  The original formula boasted- chemical free, talc free, no preservatives.  And, they became a mega star.  The company was sold, the developer stayed for a while as the face of the brand.  Now-  talc and chemicals pressed into a convenient compact-  oh well -

Bare minerals in the mineral form has always been Horrible in darker shades.  The minerals cast a grey- green metallic sheen you don't necessarily notice in the poor lighting of some bathrooms.  But once you hit daylight - junk yard patina!  The new talc formula might provide a better tone but given the sell out, Never!

Trusted Contributor

Your alert re talc made me angry.  Yep, all out of proportion to everything.  It's just makeup, right?  And I can't even use this brand, never could! So why so irritated?  Because not only did they do a complete reversal, abandoning the original founding principles, they lied!  The online Q ad for. barePro says " formulated with 90% minerals and vitamins".  Since when is talc a vitamin?  

Back in the day we were glued to the set for Bare Minerals shows. Everybody vied for position in line to order the latest color of eyeshadow or liner.  It was fun and true, trustworthy.  And now?  The first sign of their eminent decline was the liquid foundation .  This new one is just bad!  ( betrayal of trust an abomination ) And it's not just makeup, it's a sign of the times.

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Your alert re talc made me angry.  Yep, all out of proportion to everything.  It's just makeup, right?  And I can't even use this brand, never could! So why so irritated?  Because not only did they do a complete reversal, abandoning the original founding principles, they lied!  The online Q ad for. barePro says " formulated with 90% minerals and vitamins".  Since when is talc a vitamin?  

Back in the day we were glued to the set for Bare Minerals shows. Everybody vied for position in line to order the latest color of eyeshadow or liner.  It was fun and true, trustworthy.  And now?  The first sign of their eminent decline was the liquid foundation .  This new one is just bad!  ( betrayal of trust an abomination ) And it's not just makeup, it's a sign of the times.

It's not silly,  but it is a mineral - look it up.

Honored Contributor

I lost faith in BE. Loved their original powder which I used for many years. Tried their liquid BareSkin in a TSV a while back. I'm standing shaking the bottle trying to get a drop out. I think most of the product used is because sometimes it would spout like a geyser and I'm wiping the bottle clean. 

Honored Contributor

sounds like me in message 18 LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharke,  Enjoy shark sometimes just watch it swim.😍

Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@CoG wrote:

It's not silly,  but it is a mineral - look it up.

Split hairs why don't you.   We sat evening after evening and listened to the schpeil about how different BE was because there was no talc to sit in your fine lines and clog your pores..... on and on and on and we were lectured about the evils of liquids and cream to powder foundations because of all the fillers and Chemicals....  

talc:  a soft, white, or variously colored, hydrous magnesium silicate, H2Mg3(SIO3)4, used in making paper, soap, toilet powder, insulators etc.  

You make a chemical, you harvest a mineral.

Thanks for the youtube link.  The reviewer hated the first compact.  Said it was the very worst foundation he'd ever used. Guess I missed that one.  Wonder what he has to say about this one.  He didn't miss the diabolical turnabout ( turncoat) either!