Honored Contributor

Re: New Bare Minerals foundation-

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I look forward to reading reviews from those who ordered it!

I'm currently loving the combo of complexion rescue with the mineral veil from their last TSV. I don't feel the need to try anything new right now.

I am disappointed that the full hour shows of Bare Minerals usually happens at super early morning hours? They don't get as much air time as they deserve!

I went back to Ultra to try it again and ended up purchasing it.  I got cool beige and it's a perfect match.  It has great coverage.  I used the prime time primer underneath and alittle of Edward Bess's multi powder in Ciao and it looked really good.  So far really pleased with it.  I asked about the brush and was told that any brush would be good.  

Regular Contributor

loved the pressed power, so much easier without htose pestky little pans of loose powder getting all over the bathroom counter, threw away the rest.

Occasional Contributor

I've had this foundation for a few weeks and  I love it. I've used it over the the bb primer and also  lightly over complexion rescue and am very happy with it.  I like light to medium coverage so  I don't use too many layers I go over my entire face once and apply a little more on my cheeks - which are prone to redness and that's it.  It isn't cakey it wears well, has a natural finish . I'm fine with it not having spf as I am fair and would never rely on a powder foundation for sun protection.

I also love the original loose and complexion rescue on it's own it just depends on what finish and coverage I want on a particular day.

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear ! Mine has been sent.

Valued Contributor

I thought the choice of shades was impressive.  The fact that Goss gave it a good review is an added plus.  Will go to Ulta to check it out.

Super Contributor

@CoG - it's a sign of the sale to Shiseido.. That's when everything started going downhill. They fired the natinal and regional artists, stopped doing the big artistry events, eliminated the personalized feel, brought in pressed, liquid and gel foundations, cream shadows, shadow sticks, gel liners.

That may appeal to users of other brands, but they've lost a lot of their longtime devoted customers. Look at their website -- loose shadows and blushes are an endangered species. I actually like the Ready shadows (the newer ones are much better than the originals, which often became a muddy mess when you tried to blend them and didn't last very long, even when you used a primer), blushes and luminizers, But I'd never use one of the pressed foundations in a million years -- and the BareSkn and Complexion Rescue formulas are horrible. Both made my skin parchy, and highlighted wrinkles I didn't even know I had!

Super Contributor

@FindingMyJoy,

The glory days of BE on the Q are long gone, I'm afraid. It was nice when they lasted, though.

Honored Contributor

Have been using BE Bare Pro foundation for a couple of months. 

At first i did NOT like the foundation. Looked heavy on, and felt drying on my face.

I let the foundation go for about a month and went back to the loose foundation.  The loose foundation just did not look well on my face any more. So I took out the Bare Pro and gave it another try.

this time I shaved off some of the Bare Pro foundation onto a small flat disc i have . I used an old Mary Kay pink scraper I had laying around. Shaved some off and used my kabuki brush to apply the foundation.

You have to go lightly on coverage. This does cover a whole lot heavier than the loose foundation. It is full coverage foundation.  Been using this everyday for about 2-3 months now and I am liking it.  Just have to not use much of the foundation because it covers heavier than my loose foundation.