Regular Contributor

New Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new Blemish Remedy foundation yet (only available at Sephora for now).

If you have - could you post about the shades? I wear Medium Beige in the Matte foundation, but with the new one, there's 3 different "Medium" shades (the Sephora store on Maui isn't carrying it yet so I can't check in person).

If I go by the description (i.e. "medium skin with neutral undertones") I'd use the "Clearly Silk", however the Medium Beige (also for "neutral") has always been a bit ashy, so I'm thinking of trying "Clearly Beige" for medium skin with neutral-golden undertones.

It sounds awesome and the reviews so far are great~

Respected Contributor

Re: New Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation

I hate it when something is exclusive to one place. I find the bareminerals colors are so different with all the different types of foundation. You would have to be lucky to get a match without trying and there is a Sephora about 60 miles from me that I rarely get to. Hope you find a match.

Super Contributor

I'm medium beige in the original & matte foundations. I went to Sephora yesterday and swatched all the medium shades of the new Blemish Remedy foundation. There were actually four shades of medium:

Clearly Medium (for cool shades of medium)

Clearly Silk (for neutral shades of medium)

Clearly Beige (for neutral to golden shades of medium)

Clearly Nude (for golden tones of medium)

I immediately was able to eliminate Clearly Nude, as it was too golden for me. Clearly Medium & Clearly Silk were very similar. Clearly Beige was a tad darker. These shades are so forgiving that any of these would have worked for me. I wanted Clearly Beige at first, but since my "slight suntan" is fading fast, I opted to get the Clearly Silk. I hope I made the right choice. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

The brush was REALLY NICE, but I didn't want to spend the $26 for it. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm late chiming in here, but just found this thread.

I highly recommend (so far) this foundation if you have oily, acne prone skin. 

I normally wear the BE matte foundation in Fair.  I bought the Porcelain in this formula.

The coverage is better and I love the container it comes in.  That is the best part.

I haven't used it long enough to tell if it will help with acne, but I don't have any break outs using it.

It is a matte formula and doesn't have any Bismuth Oxychloride it it.  That stuff irritates some people's skin (including mine).

DH even said it looked better than my old foundation.

If I did the math right, it is a tad bit cheaper ounce per ounce than the matte formula.  I can't use the regular formula at all.

Hope that helps someone.

Contributor

I really like this foundation, but it was really difficult to find a shade match for me. I usually wear golden medium (this can get a tiny bit light in the late summer months) so I tried the clearly beige and clearly nude shades and they were way to orange and dark on me. So I tried the clearly silk (neutral tone) and this was also too orange and a little dark! I even sampled the cool medium shade (clearly satin) and this didn't work. So in a last attempt I tried out clearly cream (the light shade with golden tones) and this was actually a perfect match!! This foundation definitely runs dark so if you can't find your shade I'd suggest trying a shade in a lighter category than your usual foundation. I usually border the medium/tan categories and the light golden shade was a match for me. Crazy! But I really do like it! And I found this to look better with a lighter application on me so i only wear it for days I want light to medium foundation coverage. You could build it up for more coverage, but I just didn't like the look this gave me with more. Hope this helps!!!