Super Contributor

Re: New Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

Ok, here's another one. Toward the back of the magazine - another ad about hair loss. This one is HairSil - also sold in Walgreen's, Walmart, and a few other stores. "In 12 to 16 weeks you should notice the beginnings of new hair growth guaranteed or your money back." Ever hear of or try that one? Between Nioxin, Keranique and the others, a person could go broke trying them all (probably with no results).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

It does look interesting, thanks for sharing!

DeveloPlus Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

Get vibrant, youthful hair in just 2 weeks. Benefits of anti-aging:

• Revives your hair color
  • Reveals your hair's natural shine
  • Slows down the graying process
  • Nourishes and stimulates regrowth
  • Strengthens roots, reducing hair loss
  • Removes dulling residue
  • Protects from thermal and UV damage
  • Repairs and prevents micro-fractures
  • Moisturizes to eliminate dryness
  • Reinforces hair shaft
  • Conditions and de-tangles
  • Visibly reduces frizz, dryness and split ends

I wonder how something topical can slow down the graying process?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I visited the web pages for the DeveloPlus and HairSil products and noticed the same thing: No studies, no FDA information, nothing in the way of evidence.

The DeveloPlus product has a "How it Works" page, which still has no studies, no FDA information, and not even a before/after gallery. Instead, it has this:

PEPTIDE AMINO-VITAMIN COMPLEX

Our breakthrough formula is a combination of Peptide, Alpha-Hydroxy, Vitamins and Proteins. The incredible technology that is used in anti-aging skin care is finally available for your hair.

Peptide produces collagen that is found naturally in the body but is reduced over time. Our Peptide rich formula replaces lost collagen in the hair, making it stronger and more youthful.

Alpha-Hydroxy promotes cell renewal on the scalp, keeping hair follicles clear and open, allowing for thicker roots and healthier growth.

Vitamin B stimulates nutrients in the hair follicles and may help slow the graying process and invigorate hair growth.

Vitamin E is rich in antioxidants that penetrate the hair cortex (outer layer). It softens and strengthens hair fiber leaving it improved with fewer tangles.

Proteins help regulate and retain moisture, resulting in soft, manageable hair, even in extreme humidity.

Super Contributor

I wonder why they use the term "alpha hydroxy" instead of the correct term, "Alpha hydroxy acid" or AHA?

Contributor

I received this in the Allure Beauty Box. It made my ends dry and my scalp greasy. I threw it out.

New Contributor

I happen to come across it by doing a search.  I have not tried it.  All the reviews on Amazon are good.  It runs $19.99

New Contributor

I went to Walgreens as well, but its not there.  The Walgreens site states not available in stores - online only

New Contributor

facebook reviews are all glowing and $16.99 with Amazon Prime