Super Contributor

New Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

I was just looking through my new Prevention magazine that came today and there was an ad for New Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System. Looks like it has 3 pieces. I guess a shampoo, conditioner and some kind of treatment. Says it reduces hair loss, stimulates regrowth, strengthens roots, etc. etc. Sold at Walgreens and Meijer's (don't know about Meijer's - no such place around me). I was wondering if anyone has heard of/tried this. I'm always looking for something to help my thinning hair. There was no price listed in the ad, so I'm guessing it's not cheap. Would love to know if it works.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

I never heard of this hair treatment system but find that taking a vitamin supplement does help. I currently use Wen but if I didn't I would probably try keranique products. They are sold on QVC. It is definitely something that would be worth trying.

This is probably what you were referring to:

DeveloPlus Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

It definitely looks like an interesting product.

Super Contributor

Susan:

Thanks for the suggestions but I have tried Keranique - not the shampoo and conditioner but the spray with the minoxydil (don't know how to spell that). Gave it a good try - used for about 8 months with no results. Also take hair, skin and nails vitamin. If those things didn't help grow hair, I guess I'm just destined to have thinning hair. But I'm always on the lookout for something that will work. Thought maybe someone here had information on it.

Trusted Contributor

It does look interesting, thanks for sharing!

DeveloPlus Anti-Aging Hair Treatment System

Get vibrant, youthful hair in just 2 weeks. Benefits of anti-aging:

• Revives your hair color
  • Reveals your hair's natural shine
  • Slows down the graying process
  • Nourishes and stimulates regrowth
  • Strengthens roots, reducing hair loss
  • Removes dulling residue
  • Protects from thermal and UV damage
  • Repairs and prevents micro-fractures
  • Moisturizes to eliminate dryness
  • Reinforces hair shaft
  • Conditions and de-tangles
  • Visibly reduces frizz, dryness and split ends
Respected Contributor

Is the active ingredient in this minoxidil? That is one of a very few drugs that has been approved by the FDA for hair regrowth. If so, you can get the generic form at any pharmacy or drugstore for probably a lot less money. Just ask your doctor or the pharmacist what formulation to take and, as always, check that it doesn't conflict with any other meds you are taking. There's another topical medication, Propecia, that's been approved to grow hair, but someone told me that's expensive.

Super Contributor

I just looked this up on Walgreen's website and it has excellent reviews. Only sold in stores, not on-line. Guess I'll be traveling to Walgreen's tomorrow. Still no price given.

Super Contributor

Now if it only worked on eyebrows.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 OldFoogey said:

Now if it only worked on eyebrows.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Please be careful about putting products like minoxidil on your eyebrows. They can get into your eyes. Your doctor or the pharmacist can give you more info on it. I don't mean to offend you, but I just wouldn't want you to have a problem. I get occasional bald spots from alopecia and have used the minoxidil along with a liquid steroid and am careful not to get it into my eyes. Luckily, I have big, curly hair and only once did I have a problem when it got especially bad. I have a couple of small spots at my neckline in the back, but they aren't visible.

This is one reason why I find it so offensive that people claim without basis that Wen causes hair loss. While I don't use Wen, I've discussed hair loss with three doctors over the years and never did they mention the crazy follicle theory or the other reasons people give for the claims about Wen. Luckily for me, the problem has been mild and the hair grows back after about three months (knock on wood).

Respected Contributor

I've only used hair, skin and nails vitamins and it does make my hair grow super fast. Does nothing for thickness as that's hereditary.

I doubt the shampoo and conditioner will do anything. I've used Nioxin and it did nothing.

Contributor

hi there, just letting you know that I did try this, and it made my fine, wavy hair very dry and unmanageable...it was the worst hair stuff that I've ever used and I would not recommend it to anyone