Honored Contributor

Re: Never heard of applying facial oils this way ...

[ Edited ]

@ Montana  All you need to do is put a drop or two in your palm of your hand and rub together and pat onto your face.  I would question the oils sold on Amazon.  You are better off with brand names:  Josie, Acure Organics (I use), Tarte.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ Montana  All you need to do is put a drop or two in your palm of your hand and rub together and pat onto your face.

@Katcat1 That’s what I have been doing. But I was intrigued by the prickly pear instructions because I have never read that before. 

I am always interested in application techniques and there are so many different methods that people swear by.  I like to try different ones to see what I like best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 I don’t select my skin care by brand.  That just never works for me. What works for me is looking for the type of product I want.  For example, I wanted a wipe-off cleanser, so I searched that way and found exactly what I was looking for. 

I share your concern about the integrity of Amazon skin care products and I don’t order a lot of beauty stuff from them.

ETA: Ironic, but one of my favorite cleansers is from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I splash or spray my face/neck with a fine mist of distilled water, then rub my palms with a few drops of my argon oil and rose hip oil, then massage in. 

The oils 'drag' less on my skin doing it this way, but that's just me (with sensitive skin).

I do the same with some serums, moisturizers, and oils. I don't do it with retinols or vitamin C serums, but I do it with argan milk, most moisturizers, any any oils. I find that it's not only easier to apply the product, but that it also makes the product more effective.

Leaving the skin moist before applying product is a part of the Korean skincsare system, too. They leave skin damp before applying toner and essence, which also add moisure to the skin and then seal it in with other products.

Using a Korean essence under my other products has been really benefiicial to my skin this winter.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:
@mimi5775 wrote:

wrote:

... Hmmm that sounds like the cleansing oil method I use (we all would use). So please ask this company, it sounds quite odd to me they'd give those directions!

The product and instructions are for moisturizing, not cleansing.  The product is Aradé Prickly Pear Seed Oil on Amazon.  There is no mention of cleansing

@ MontanaI know it's not for oil cleansing...it just seemed like a very unusal and oil cleansing method way to use a moisturizer that's all.

Maybe it's just their way of wanting the application of this Prickly Pear seed oil...seems many companies have some new ways now to things when it used to be so basic..tons of competition for this industry.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky