Honored Contributor

Re: Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair

[ Edited ]

I went through 2 bottles of this and didn't see any difference in my skin.  I didn't care for the scent of it and it is a fake scent. The last ingredient is fragrance.  I have skin on the dry side and I wore this as my night cream.  If I put anything over the top my skin felt too oily.

I just ordered the Paula's Choice retinol and vitamin c products because I needed both.  I had a 20% off coupon code plus free s/h and a free e/s pallette.  I was a little shocked at her prices though.  I thought she was supposed to be economical.  I guess compared to some lines she is but I thought her prices were a little high.  

Honored Contributor

I'm getting ready to cancel my AD for PC 1% Clinical Retinol. After using it for over a year I'm not seeing any considerable changes and for the cost of it I think I should see something.

Alpha Skin Care has this retinol product that has been an ongoing customer favorite. Unlike ROC's, this one is unscented which is a must for me. Alpha products are easy to find, too. I've got this one on my shopping list for less than $17:

4fcc5a0f-bd14-4bfd-b407-2ef65c7bb048_1.90d8c43871fff2ca1e60f9d5b185e6f5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, I'm curious to hear how you like the Alpha.   I used Alpha Hydrox ResQ for over 10 years and loved it.  Then the brand changed to Alpha and my ResQ wasn't the same, so I found something else.  I hope you like it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@SilleeMee, I'm curious to hear how you like the Alpha.   I used Alpha Hydrox ResQ for over 10 years and loved it.  Then the brand changed to Alpha and my ResQ wasn't the same, so I found something else.  I hope you like it.

@tototwo,

I have not used the Alpha yet. It's just on my list for now. If it has changed formulation then most of the reviews I've been reading are probably for the old stuff and not for the new formulation. Thanks for letting me know this. I won't be ordering it.  So what did you change to?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, don't change your mind on my account!  Everyone's skin is different, you know.  Alpha's change was waay over a year ago, so the reviews you see are probably new.  I was just used to the ResQ the way it was and didn't like that they changed it.  To me, "new and improved" usually is not.  A company changes my favorite product, and I'll quit using it.

Since you asked, I used ROC Retinol night cream for over a year and have nothing but praise for it.  However, I recently switched to Amara Organics.  I really like their 2.5% Retinol cream and 20% Vitamin C.  So far have only used one bottle of each, but have re-ordered.    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm like you @tototwo. I think when a good product changes, it's usually not as good as it used to be. I think I'll take your word and not get the Alpha.Woman Happy However, that Amara you mentioned looks really good! I just read some of the reviews on amazon and I like it, especially that it has no fragrance. That's what's keeping me from using Roc...the fragrance would not be good for me at all. Think I'm going to try the Amara! Thanks for the rec. I appreciate your saying so.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo
They did not change the formulation, just the packaging, and may be unbenownst to us, possibly owner/s of the company..>?
I really like the no-nonsense ingredient list in the ResQ. I think I looked at the ROC a long time ago when I was almost out of ResQ, and it just did not appeal to me.
However, the ingredients in the products you use now also look nice. But I rather think that the other things in there are what really helps to give a visual effect on the skin.
Anyway, I remember you had stopped the ResQ, and I am curious to know how it stopped working for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like we've highjacked @ccassaday's thread.... sorry.

Good morning, @Harpa. The Alpha probably didn't stop working for me, but I had used it exclusively for many years. Changing brands of Retinol had been in the back of my mind anyway, so when Alpha Hydrox made their big change, I saw it as a sign to try something new.  Mainly, I wanted to change to a higher percentage of Retinol.   The ResQ had served me well, but it was time to move on.    Do you still use the Alpha?   

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

(I apologize, too, @ccassaday!)

@tototwo

Yes, I still use Alpha. I particularly like the low dose!

Thank you for answering my Q! Smiley Happy