Contributor

I have used Neutrogena bar soap for many years and lately I have noticed it doesn't seem to be the same color.  Instead of a deep amber color, it is very light.  Has anyone else noticed that?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neutrogena bar soap

[ Edited ]

@limeade 

Compare ingredients to an older wrapper, if you still have one. Or check online for a recent formula change.

Many long time items have had to drop/change ingredients.

(I miss original formula of Noxema and Vicks VapoRub most of all.  😪

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

Me too on the Vick’s.  😢😠

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette 

I have about half a jar of original Vicks left. I've guarded it for years. I only take off the lid and inhale it, but never spread it. Ha!!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@geezerette 

I have about half a jar of original Vicks left. I've guarded it for years. I only take off the lid and inhale it, but never spread it. Ha!!

@x Hedge 

🤣

I’m laughing because that’s exactly what I would do if I still had some!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@geezerette 

@x Hedge 

So... where did you say you live?

(Have you seen the price of Vicks lately?  You might be able to sell sniffs.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@limeade wrote:

I have used Neutrogena bar soap for many years and lately I have noticed it doesn't seem to be the same color.  Instead of a deep amber color, it is very light.  Has anyone else noticed that?

Does it still have the same fragrance?

Contributor

Yes, it comes in both original and unscented.

Trusted Contributor

I remember when I was young and I bought Neutrogena bar soap and it cost $1.00.  I thought it would make my skin look absolutely perfect because if cost so much!! LOL!!  When I think what I pay for skincare now - YIKES!!

Trusted Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

I remember when I was young and I bought Neutrogena bar soap and it cost $1.00.  I thought it would make my skin look absolutely perfect because if cost so much!! LOL!!  When I think what I pay for skincare now - YIKES!!

I remember thinking the EXACT same thing about the price.  It was $1.00 which seemed so much at the time.  I think it was in the summer of 1966, that I bought that first bar.  I remember because it was my first summer after college, and that summer sticks in my mind.

And the scent of the bar, even today, sort of triggers a memory of that time in my life.  It's odd how scent memory is so strong.