Frequent Contributor

Thought about getting one of these fragrances for my wife. The Midnight Fleur sounds a litttle heavy with that musk, amber, and vanilla. The Dahlia and Vines might be more to her liking since it sounds more floral. Anyone tried this stuff and care to comment? 

Honored Contributor

Check out this current thread on the topic:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Nest-fragrance/m-p/2053558#U2053558

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I have both of those scents. It depends on what your wife likes, but for me the Midnight Fleur is too heavy, although it is a nice fragrance. I like the Dahlia and Vines and yes, it is floral and way lighter than the other one. Your wife is lucky to have such a thoughtful husband!

Respected Contributor

I finally had a chance to sample the Nest fragrances in Sephora today.  I am surprised the Midnight Fleur is the number one best seller.  I didn't dislike it -- but I would not buy it.  Too much musky spice for my taste.  The Dahlia and Vine on the other hand was more to my liking.  I picked up a rollerball to use with my Amazing Grace from time to time.

Respected Contributor

I really liked the midnight fleur and don't find it heavy at all and I am one that only used Philosophy Pure Grace.  However, I don't think it lasts but a few minutes.  I only got the roller ball.

Honored Contributor

I have been wearing Midnight Fleur for a little while now. I love that it has patchouli.  My husband likes it a lot on me as well. I picked up a roller ball on eBay because I thought it would be more convenient when traveling.  DH and I are away right now so I've been using it.  To me the rollerball version doesn't last, I've had to reapply periodically.  The spray lasts much longer for me.  @lucieinthesky I have the sampler set at home.  Dalia and Vines may be a safer choice.

Respected Contributor

Patchouli! That was the note I couldn't quite figure out when I sampled it @JeanLouiseFinch.  Thanks for bringing that up.  I am not a patchouli girl...so that explains why there was a little something about it that I didn't love.  I agree with @chiclet that I don't think it is a heavy fragrance -- but it was that lightly spiced patchouli essence that was my issue.  

I also agree that Dahlia & Vines is the safer bet -- though I just can't order a fragrance without trying it first.

Honored Contributor

I didn't like the Midnight Fleur and neither did my husband. It wasn't terrible but it was a little too heavy for me. My husband said it was just okay. I'd try the Dahlia one if she likes more floral. I haven't tried it but they say it is more for the floral gal.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I didn't like the Midnight Fleur and neither did my husband. It wasn't terrible but it was a little too heavy for me. My husband said it was just okay. I'd try the Dahlia one if she likes more floral. I haven't tried it but they say it is more for the floral gal.

You are right @HappyDaze that the Dahlia & Vines is definitely more floral, but I think the reason I was attracted to it was because it also has a fresh baseline.  So if you are attracted to Amazing Grace because of those clean notes, D&V will be more up your alley. 

Honored Contributor

I have never smelled them in person, but I did notice on QVC, there are at least 5 other sets offered in different fragrances, wonder why they never show them? Maybe Dahlia and Midnight Fleur are the top sellers?? The other scents sound very nice as well, so you may want to check out QVC under Beauty, before deciding!!!!!