Esteemed Contributor

I was at Sephora in the U.S. and found the new Nest fragrance Black Tulip. I think the store just got it in as I haven't seen this in Canada yet. I also did not see this in a different U.S. Sephora either but the store that has it has a display set up at the store entrance. It smells wonderful, it's a light summer floral. I like it enough to buy the rollerball to try out.

I'm surprised that QVC doesn't have this - in fact their Nest fragrance selection is limited even though they have items I haven't seen in stores.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nest Black Tulip fragrance

Love Nest!! Mmm sounds lovely! Thanks🌸
Valued Contributor

I like it too. The notes are interesting. I sampled Black Tulip when at Sephora and was happy the fragrance lasted hours. My grumble is so many fragrances that I enjoy have zippo staying power. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  Just got an email from Nest about this new fragrance.  I love a lot of the Nest scents.  I have the Holiday diffuser in my powder room and the  Holiday candle in my family room ...   the scent lasts and lasts and it so gorgeous in the colder months (although it's supposed to be in the low 70s here in the Chicago area today!).  I have the Grapefruit upstairs, which I LOVE...   very clean, refreshing and natural smelling. 

I also love her Paradise fragrance.

Wish they would have more of a selection on QVC.   I've been waiting for the sales on the Nest website and stock up.

Have to try this new one.

Edited:  I just remembered that I grew Black Tulips when I lived in NJ, many years ago ....  they were gorgeous.  Very dramatic.  I had a variety of colors and shapes and they were amongst them.   So pretty.

Respected Contributor

@Lally

Re: short-lived perfume scents.  Discussed this with several women who worked the perfume counter at different stores.  If the perfume is alcohol based, it won't last.  I loved the smell of Jimmy Choo perfumes but they disappear quickly.  Same thing with other brands.

In my search for a replacement to my favorite but long-discontinued perfume, I have tried several oil-based perfumes from Europe.  They last but are a little too heavy for.

While browsing here in FL, I came across a kiosk featuring scented oils.  I had read posts here about Jo Malone oils and decided to try one.   I chose " Vanilla - Anise " which sounded like a strange combination....it was truly unique, long-lasting, " quiet " scent.  I wear it every day now.  ( not expensive either ! )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

This thread is funny! I was planning today to head to a nearby Sephora to try out the Black Tulip and if I liked it, would buy the rollerball. I like those items for travel. I like their Midnight Fleur scent.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Lally

Re: short-lived perfume scents.  Discussed this with several women who worked the perfume counter at different stores.  If the perfume is alcohol based, it won't last.  I loved the smell of Jimmy Choo perfumes but they disappear quickly.  Same thing with other brands.

In my search for a replacement to my favorite but long-discontinued perfume, I have tried several oil-based perfumes from Europe.  They last but are a little too heavy for.

While browsing here in FL, I came across a kiosk featuring scented oils.  I had read posts here about Jo Malone oils and decided to try one.   I chose " Vanilla - Anise " which sounded like a strange combination....it was truly unique, long-lasting, " quiet " scent.  I wear it every day now.  ( not expensive either ! )

Thanks for the great tip. I gave up all hope Amazing Grace would ever return to its first incarnation. I find that I like some of Pinrose's scents, but again some won't hang with me and I refuse to have to spray  again and again. The vanilla anise sounds really lovely.

Valued Contributor

I hope you'll post your feelings about Black Tulip. I walked away and didnt purchase it. Now you all are making me wish I had. Smiley Happy  I liked it more than Citrine, which I'm wearing this moment. Hmmm rollerball may be just the thing until I decide if I want a bottle.

@JustJazzmom wrote:

This thread is funny! I was planning today to head to a nearby Sephora to try out the Black Tulip and if I liked it, would buy the rollerball. I like those items for travel. I like their Midnight Fleur scent.

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

I hope you'll post your feelings about Black Tulip. I walked away and didnt purchase it. Now you all are making me wish I had. Smiley Happy  I liked it more than Citrine, which I'm wearing this moment. Hmmm rollerball may be just the thing until I decide if I want a bottle.

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I tried citrine and thought it was too light on me and it didn't last long on me. There was another I didn't like either -- Dahlia & Vines. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I can only wear one nest and I forgot what it is and I wish I could wear the other ones but they smell bad on me.  Good for you finding one that is great.  The most popular I can't even wear.  Happy for those that can as I love the idea and packaging.