Honored Contributor

Re: Neogen Pore Mousse

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I may try one of your suggestions. 

I did try oil oil cleansing several years ago, but I broke out. I used a papaya product from Principal Secret years ago. I liked it, but then got worried when I read papaya was unstable and not good for your skin. It did make my skin a bit pink after use, but that went away by morning. I never tried Tatcha or SKINN, but I have heard good things about them. I don’t use any products that dry out my face. My face is still super oily even though I am in my 50s. I see you like @SilleeMee use Stridex. Haven’t used that in a long time. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma @Lipstickdiva 

If I find my skin getting dry for any reason, then I use the Stridex less frequently. Imo, they can be drying, I won't lie about that. Some people rinse afterwards.  Sometimes I use them only every 3 days, no rinsing, and that seems to do the job. My skin is dry anyway, no oil glands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wilma @Lipstickdiva 

If I find my skin getting dry for any reason, then I use the Stridex less frequently. Imo, they can be drying, I won't lie about that. Some people rinse afterwards.  Sometimes I use them only every 3 days, no rinsing, and that seems to do the job. My skin is dry anyway, no oil glands.

@SilleeMee 

I have never had a dry skin face day in my life! I guess one good thing about all the oil on my face is that I have very few wrinkles. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Yes, that's what I hear about oily skin and less wrinkles. Lucky you! Woman HappyMy skin used to be normal combo skin until I got this weird autoimmune disease, scleroderma. That basically shut down many of my sweat and oil glands all over my body, especially on my face. The lack of the sweat gland situation is a serious health problem for me, unfortunately. But the lack of oil glands is irritating and makes me want to scream sometimes from the itching and dryness.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wilma 

Yes, that's what I hear about oily skin and less wrinkles. Lucky you! Woman HappyMy skin used to be normal combo skin until I got this weird autoimmune disease, scleroderma. That basically shut down many of my sweat and oil glands all over my body, especially on my face. The lack of the sweat gland situation is a serious health problem for me, unfortunately. But the lack of oil glands is irritating and makes me want to scream sometimes from the itching and dryness.

@SilleeMee 

Sorry to hear about the scleroderma. I hope your doctors help you manage the disease. I know from experience that auto immune diseases are difficult to treat and a burden to live with. Best wishes! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you! Heart @wilma Sweet.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I did try oil oil cleansing several years ago, but I broke out. I used a papaya product from Principal Secret years ago. I liked it, but then got worried when I read papaya was unstable and not good for your skin. It did make my skin a bit pink after use, but that went away by morning. I never tried Tatcha or SKINN, but I have heard good things about them. I don’t use any products that dry out my face. My face is still super oily even though I am in my 50s. I see you like @SilleeMee use Stridex. Haven’t used that in a long time. 

I don’t know what oil you tried, if it was an oil you tried using to cleanse or one specifically formulated for cleansing.  It’s possible, though, that you may have been going through a period of purging, if you had stuff down deep that had to come out.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I don’t know what oil you tried, if it was an oil you tried using to cleanse or one specifically formulated for cleansing.  It’s possible, though, that you may have been going through a period of purging, if you had stuff down deep that had to come out.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

At the time there weren’t prepackaged cleansing oils. People were using & mixing oils at home. I remember trying castor oil & jojoba oil which others said worked for their oily skin. Maybe I was purging.