Honored Contributor

Has anyone here used Neogen Pore Mousse? It’s a TS on HSN today.

The black bits on the cloths the models show after using the product are from charcoal in the mousse not from your pores. I heard the vendor say there was charcoal in the mousse that gets activated when massaged into skin, but it still seems a bit misleading to show the black specks on the cloths. Reviews on various sites are either really good or really bad. 

I already use Paula’s Choice BHA. It helps some, but always looking for something better. Trying not to fall for the hype as I have done that before and been disappointed in the lack of results. 

Honored Contributor

i ordered it last night.

i do use the nose pore strips, but they can hurt when you remove them.

cannot hurt to try it once. i have not heard of this line before.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I heard Chelsea, the rep, mention that the product has polyhydroxy acids in it. I can't remember if she said it had BHAs or AHAs or not, but I know PHAs don't do much in the way of cleaning out pores. PHAs are are like a milder form of AHA which pretty much don't go into the pores. Did anyone hear Chelsea say if the product has BHAs in it?

Respected Contributor

I was curious about it too, but they made it sound like an exfoliator; I wanted to know how it worked just on pores.  I seem to remember it having mixed reviews but some people loved it.  Of course, when I went to check that the original size isn't listed -- just the TS Supersize.  I'm probably going to pass on it, but curious :-)

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i ordered it last night.

i do use the nose pore strips, but they can hurt when you remove them.

cannot hurt to try it once. i have not heard of this line before.

@sunshine45 

That’s what I was thinking. Couldn’t hurt to try it. Just been disappointed in the hype of other pore products. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard Chelsea, the rep, mention that the product has polyhydroxy acids in it. I can't remember if she said it had BHAs or AHAs or not, but I know PHAs don't do much in the way of cleaning out pores. PHAs are are like a milder form of AHA which pretty much don't go into the pores. Did anyone hear Chelsea say if the product has BHAs in it?

@SilleeMee 

Didn’t know about PHAs. Thanks for the info. 

I didn’t hear anything about BHAs in the presentation I watched. I have read BHAs are best for pores. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I use this and the serum on autoship. I thought I had "age" or "sun" spots but mostly gone now & my dark eyelids are gone.  DH really goes through the serum. 

I didn't get the TS because we have the serum and mousse on auto delivery.

Contributor

@wilmaSweet puppy dog. : )

Sorry, I don't have answers about the pore mousse, but I was wondering the exact same thing. If it works well, it seems like it would be a really gentle and easy solution for deep pore cleansing. I may jump in and try it anyway, because God knows, I often can't prevent myself from doing so, ha, ha.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Neogen Pore Mousse

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Didn’t know about PHAs. Thanks for the info. 

I didn’t hear anything about BHAs in the presentation I watched. I have read BHAs are best for pores. 

I looked at the ingredients in the mousse and I couldn't find a BHA listed. It's usually salicylic acid.  But that doesn't mean it's not there. It might be that I don't recognize the name used in the listings. I couldn't find a AHA or PHA either. The PHA must be there if she said it was there. 

Honored Contributor

My cleansers and Foreo Luna dupe do a very good job of keeping my pores clean and other items in my routine keep them small/tight.  Every once in a while, maybe twice a month, I'll do a Skinn Pore Magnet mask.  That's enough pore attention for me.