Honored Contributor

Re: Needing to Buy a New Makeup Mirror

@monicakm wrote:

Wow, there is a whole new breed of makeup mirrors out there!  My last 3-sided makeup mirror was purchased probably 25 years ago.  Still works, just takes a little bit longer of holding the switch for it to come on.  No big deal but I thought I'd get an idea of what they look like now.  

Do you have the oldie but goodie style that's still going strong? Or do you have...

old mu mirror.JPG

... the new touch screen 3-sided mirrors with embedded LEDs like this...I want to stay with the stand style and 3 sided.  The 10x mirror attaches to the back when not in use.  The left side mirrors offer 2x and 5x views.   You tap the screen to turn on and adjust the hlight...daylight, home and evening.  Uses a recharable battery or usb plug.

Capture.JPG

@monicakm - know this post is from a few months ago but wondered if you like the above mirror and, if so, what brand is it.  I'm looking on Amazon for a new one.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I use a good old suction cup 10X mirror that I purchased from Walmart.  I have it on my bathroom mirror where I sit with my feet in the sink and do my plucking, etc.  I have sat on the vanity since high school.  I would never want a sit at vanity where I have to lean over to do my make up.  It works for me and will until I am not able to climb up.  Maybe then I won't care LOL.  

I don't care for the light up mirrors.  I have good lighting and sky lights.  That's all I need.  

Good luck with your hunt, but I say if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

I have an "Ovente" mirror that I have had about 5 years. It is 8.5 inches. Three tone-Cool, Warm or daylight. 10x magnification. Its a round table top but I really like using it.They have many different varieties on their website. I believe I paid around $40-$50 for it. They also have great sales. You can plug in or use batteries.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My bathroom closet doors are full length mirrors, so I just bought a small suction cup mirror to attach to that.  It has 2 sides and I don't remember the X for each side.  I use the smaller X and mostly for my eye makeup and to check my foundation after I apply it.  It's right next to my vanity, so I just have to turn to my right to use it.  May be outdated, but helps considerably when I color my hair.  Othewise, I just use my main vanity mirror.  

ETA: I don't have room on my vanity for a mirror and I have to stand, no place for any kind of seating.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I bought one of those "new and improved mirrors  (like above)  a few months ago.  DID NOT like it at all! The things I didn't like about it was the LED lights and the small side mirrors.  I gave it to my daughter and granddaughter and kept my old one (like the Conair).  I just recently bought a "Jordan" tri fold mirror like the Conair for when my really really old Remington bites the dust.  It's probably just what you get used to.