Frequent Contributor

Re: Needed: Unscented Mineral Foundation - Need Good Coverage

Check out Alima Pure. I have sensitive skin and don't have any problems with this brand.
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

This dreaded Rosacea!!!  Redness, broken caps, pimples!!!  Can someone make recommendations of a nice, unscented, gentle, mineral foundation that has good coverage?  

I have been doing internet searches and cannot make heads or tales of anything.  Please help.  I probably need concealer as well.

Unlike some who have Rosacea, I do not have oily skin.  Very sensitive and reactive.  

Thanks for your replies!!!  

I feel your pain AngelPuppy! I use Everyday minerals..no fragrance and bismuth oxychloride free! I have sensitive skin and found that less is more. I use a gentle cleanser, (Andalou 1000 roses) and Andalou 1000 roses day cream...all very gentle. I used to use metrogel..just exacerbated my skin. When I started using organic and natural products, my skin was happy. I am hoping this works for you!Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate all of your nice answers.  I am checking eveyrthing out.  I hope I can find my go-to product soon.  All of this is making my heat spin!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I agree-I love this Mineral Foundation. Another good one is Youngblood-great coverage and very natural looking but higher priced than Everyday Minerals!

Honored Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

I can't recommend a mineral foundation as the one I used was discontinued, but wanted to also suggest making sure when you apply your foundation, you're doing so with a soft brush or applicator.  I'm usually pretty resistant aside of to itchiness with some foundations, but when I started RetinA I had a hard time with brushes scratching my sensitive skin.  I had an older BE brush that made application real painful due to buffing.  I switched over to a soft synthetic brush and it made a world of difference! BE's brushes look better now, and I know not all of theirs are scratchy, i just needed a softer one badly!

I can say that Meow Cosmetics and Everyday Minerals don't have scent that I can recall.  Good luck and let us know what the ones you try are like!

I know what you mean about scratchy brushes. I highly recommend Sedona Lace synthetic brushes. They are so incredibly soft and of excellent quality. They don't shed or stain. I'm embarrassed to say that I have almost every one of the many brushes they offer. They're sets a very good way to start.

They routinely have good sales, too. Often they discount 20 percent, no code needed, so that you can then find and use a code on retaillmenot for an additional discount.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

In case I have not thanked you all, I want to thank you again.  I am holding off on buying any new makeup until I begin the new medicine and try it for awhile.  I only want to do one new thing at a time to see how that goes.  Then maybe I can see what helps and what makes the situation worse.  

I have looked on line though at a lot of the products you have suggested and they seem quite promising, so I am encouraged by this!

Take care!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

The only mineral foundation I ever tried (and I have tried a bunch) that was scented was Serious Skincare Bella Rosa.  big pass for me, scented or not.

Everyday Minerals has try me kits, Bare Minerals isn't scented either, and even the drugstore has L'oreal loose minerals and they aren't bad. However, if you have dry skin, have a feeling you may find loosed mineral makeup is too dry looking for you.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@susanks1 wrote:
Check out Alima Pure. I have sensitive skin and don't have any problems with this brand.

Good luck, AngelPuppy! Just wanted to say that I second Alima Pure. It has only 4 ingredients and covers well (using the foundation as a spot concealer for areas that need extra coverage works well, too). It is fragrance free. I have acne prone skin and love it. Worth checking out, in my opinion. Hope all goes well for you!

Trusted Contributor

Alima Pure is having 20% off their Satin Matte Foundation until July 26.  They have a big selection of colors and if you're new to the line you would probably have time to get samples to try before ordering the regular size (samples are not on sale). 

While I have tried many brands of mineral foundation, Everyday Minerals is my favorite, but Alima Pure is a close second.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to recommend my

http://www.faerieorganic.com/

HG mineral makeup and that would be Faerie Organic. It is beautiful, covers extremely well and leaves my skin better than if I didn't wear it at all. I am in shade porcelain 00 airbrush/veil/suntan bronzer. I use the bronzer on my upper forehead and crease of eye upward for some color and glow!
They will send samples.
I wish someone else would try this brand and comment.
Made in the USA and all natural ingredients (well very pure ingredients).
They are also a member of the Safe Cosmetics Database and they don't test on animals! YAY!

Image result for FAERIE ORGANIC ARTISAN COSMETICS

I sound like an ad... but the first time I used this I called them and told them I thought it was "healing" and asked "how can this be?"  

I inserted the picture because I think its pretty.

The derm told me not to use the kind of makeup that goes from one "phase" to another ... such as liquid to powder.  He was right about this... this type had not worked for me.  He also said use only oil-free liquid by Clinique (they stopped making the one that matched) or Almay or Physicians Choice -- I did not care for these.

Then, I told him I really needed powder... he said "use that stuff by Coty"  ... "but I'm allergic to talc" well, he said "something like that -- you know that is loose."  

(Lots of here THERE).

This brand is kind of expensive, but well worth it for me.

The samples they charge for.

The matte form I did not care for because I like a "dewy" finish... which is what I've got.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~