Honored Contributor

Needed: Unscented Mineral Foundation - Need Good Coverage

This dreaded Rosacea!!!  Redness, broken caps, pimples!!!  Can someone make recommendations of a nice, unscented, gentle, mineral foundation that has good coverage?  

I have been doing internet searches and cannot make heads or tales of anything.  Please help.  I probably need concealer as well.

Unlike some who have Rosacea, I do not have oily skin.  Very sensitive and reactive.  

Thanks for your replies!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Occasional Contributor

Re: Needed: Unscented Mineral Foundation - Need Good Coverage

Meow Cosmetics.  They have 3 foundation formulas plus an excellent concealer that comes in the same shades as the foundation colors.  The Flawless Feline formula is heavy coverage.  I use the Pampered Puss formula for medium coverage.  Their silk finishing powder gives a really nice finished look, and it has only two ingredients.

Although I don't have rosacea, my skin is dry and very reactive.  I always look for products that have only a few ingredients since I react to so many.  I complete the look by lightly spraying rosewater & glycerin all over my face because I prefer a dewey look, plus this sets the makeup and makes it last all day.

Meow highly recommends that you request samples before buying full sized products.  I got 8 different colors/formulas before finding my perfect foundation.  It's a daunting task, but their website leads you through the color choosing process.

Best of luck to you.

Respected Contributor

I've been using Everyday Minerals (online) for many years and love all their products! Great CS too. The best mineral makeup I've ever found.

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend Lucy Minerals  ( lucyminerals.com ) .  Excellent coverage, no additives or scent.  It looks natural and I do not use a concealer with this foundation.  The prices are very very reasonable and product lasts a long time.  Sign up for the emails and there are many times buy one get one, or 30% off.  They recieved very high ratings on several blogs.  

Trusted Contributor

Everyday Minerals. no scent & cruelty free

Valued Contributor

I've been using Paula's Choice Resist foundation over the Skin Recovery SPF 15 moisturizing lotion. I really liked the texture of All Bases Covered, but I'm the fairest of the fair, and the lightest shade, light cream, was discontinued. Like you, I have dry skin with rosacea. Call the company. They'll send you samples. I also use the Paula's Choice concealer and the lightest two shades of Amazing Cosmetics concealer. Powder-mineral foundation was too drying and made my skin look like I'd aged a decade or more. I use Korres Wild Rose mineral foundation strictly as a setting powder.
Super Contributor

I can't recommend a mineral foundation as the one I used was discontinued, but wanted to also suggest making sure when you apply your foundation, you're doing so with a soft brush or applicator.  I'm usually pretty resistant aside of to itchiness with some foundations, but when I started RetinA I had a hard time with brushes scratching my sensitive skin.  I had an older BE brush that made application real painful due to buffing.  I switched over to a soft synthetic brush and it made a world of difference! BE's brushes look better now, and I know not all of theirs are scratchy, i just needed a softer one badly!

I can say that Meow Cosmetics and Everyday Minerals don't have scent that I can recall.  Good luck and let us know what the ones you try are like!

Honored Contributor

I am thanking you all for these nice suggetions!

May I impose on you all again -- are these products you recommended -- fragrance free?

I can't do fragrance at all in skin products.  For me, any bit of fragrance is the kiss of death.

I appreciate all of your help.  As usual, everyone here is so helpful!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@poregirl wrote:

Everyday Minerals. no scent & cruelty free

I second this recommendation.  Been using mineral makeup for almost ten years and tried many brands to see what I liked best.  EM is my favorite, but Alima is another good one (both are fragrance free).  Tried Lucy Minerals but it broke me out.  I'd recommend getting samples to try and see what works for you.  They are usually quite reasonably priced and EM gives 7 free samples (a generous amount) with you only paying for shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I have not tried Everyday Minerals, but they do seem to get positive reviews. 

ALL of Clinique's MU is fragrance free; they have a nice foundation called "Almost Powder Makeup" that is mineral based and designed for sensitive skin. The coverage is pretty good, too. 

Good luck finding something that works for you. MU is so personal, what works for one does not always work for another, so you may have to try a couple different brands. Don't give up!