Regular Contributor

First I know this is an ongoing question. What is the best lasting lipstick

that you use?  I have 2 weddings this summer and need something hydrating

that will stay on. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I'd like to know too!  I have never found this elusive product.  All the long wearing ones dry my lips out or get a weird texture after a while.  

Honored Contributor

I use the e.l.f. Lip Lock crayon pencil. That keeps my lippies from travelling and makes them stay on longer. I apply it all over my lips first then put on my lippy on top. It's colorless and feels like a lip balm...for me it feels hydrating like a lip balm, too.

e.l.f. Lip lock Pencil - $3

ja-cosmetics-elf-lip-lock-pencil-0-06-oz.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Need your opinions!

[ Edited ]

best thing i have ever found is colorlast by covergirl. 

its a 2 step process.  first apply color, let dry, takes about 1 minute. comes with a gloss to go over , but i use my own. without the gloss, it is quite dry on your lips.  been using it for years.  stays on pretty much all day, even when the "moist" gloss wears off, your lips still are holding the color.

love it. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

best thing i have ever found is colorlast by covergirl. 

its a 2 step process.  first apply color, let dry, takes about 1 minute. comes with a gloss to go over , but i use my own. without the gloss, it is quite dry on your lips.  been using it for years.  stays on pretty much all day, even when the "moist" gloss wears off, your lips still are holding the color.

love it. 

Totally agree @kittyloo. This stuff is the best for staying power. The only caveat is that you can't eat anything super oily and have it stay on, because oil is what you use to remove it. Otherwise that stuff is bulletproof. And it is easy to just reapply the gloss if you feel dry, without fuss or even a mirror, because it is clear. Some versions of this sort of product have a clear oil-free balm to apply over it instead.

I don't normally use this product anymore because for some reason my lip swells up a day or two afterwards whenever I use it. But it sure does work. And I don't think my reaction is common at all for other people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

If I want color to stay on my lips,  I use a pencil color that I like and fill in my entire lip, both top and bottom.  Then I put on a lipstick that I like for moisture.  Once the lipstick fades later on, the color is still there from the pencil, so you never have a washed out lip.

Have fun at your events.

Valued Contributor

Zuzu Luxe.  I love their color Beso Beso, it's a brighter pink and I have pale skin.  Lasts so long.

Esteemed Contributor

Apply several coats, and you can use practically anything. That's what I do, if I want my lip color to be long lasting. Apply, blot, apply, line & fill in, blot, apply.....

Trusted Contributor

I recently realized that the Urban Decay All Night spray that makes the make up on your face last forever (it works!) is great for  any kind of lipstick.

I spray my face anyway, I just add a little spritz to my lips after lipstick application and let it dry. It actually works so well sometimes my lipstick won't come off!

Esteemed Contributor

@Patz822  .. I have been using the Maybelline Made For All Lipstick by Color Sensational in pink, mauve and red.  The staying power is pretty good.