Respected Contributor

Re: Need your expert foundation/powder advice yet again --

@AngelPuppy1- Not sure if this was answered or not, but Pur makes both mineral and liquid foundations. I haven't tried either of them yet so I cannot recommend them either way, but they are on my list to try when my current supply starts to run low. I've heard good things about the line. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@AngelPuppy1- Not sure if this was answered or not, but Pur makes both mineral and liquid foundations. I haven't tried either of them yet so I cannot recommend them either way, but they are on my list to try when my current supply starts to run low. I've heard good things about the line. 

@rnmom  I keep meaning to try this also!  It sounds like it would be very gentle and this is definitely high up on my list!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I prefer NARS “O” stick or powder...great apricot/pink for fair skin.

You mentioned this blush (above in red) in a previous reply in this thread....is there more than 1 color to pick from (what is the product number)?  I need to purchase a new blush and I am also pretty fair....Iwould like to try a new product.

My eyes look like a sick animal sometimes, they are bloodshot often and I don't use eyeshadow just mascara and eye liner, I need to be careful not to overdo the blush!!  thanks.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

Oh, no, I don't think I said anything derogatory.  LOL!  I identified with a lot of what you said in your prior post, since we seem to have similar skin issues.  I am looking forward to nailing this down!  HA!  Process of elimination, I guess!  

@AngelPuppy1  Let me know if any other questions or recommendations for fair skin cosmetics you’d like to try.

@Shanus

Thank you.  I will.  I am always coming up with new issues and/or coming across different things that I question --- hmmm -- would this work for me?  I appreciate your offer!!! 

@AngelPuppy1  Personally have been through same issues w/ fair complexion....maybe a few years older than you and and a few more yrs. to figure it out. I will say that what helped me is when I found makeup products that worked, color and texture, I’ve stayed w/ my assortment & will until discontinued. The same w/ my skincare. Find what works, stay with it and don’t be tempted by next new ingredients in some other creams, lotions. You already know what works. The only skincare I’ve added to my many years of same products is PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads. I changed from Skinceuticals Vit. C serum (only because it went up to a ridiculous $165) to a Complete Skin Care one (can give you exact name from that site) because it’s $65 instead. Although I don’t wear makeup every day, the complete skin care routine is done AM and PM so try to economize where possible. 

We fair air skinned non-self tanners should stick together. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus

I prefer NARS “O” stick or powder...great apricot/pink for fair skin.

You mentioned this blush (above in red) in a previous reply in this thread....is there more than 1 color to pick from (what is the product number)?  I need to purchase a new blush and I am also pretty fair....Iwould like to try a new product.

My eyes look like a sick animal sometimes, they are bloodshot often and I don't use eyeshadow just mascara and eye liner, I need to be careful not to overdo the blush!!  thanks.

Good Sunday morning @Mom2Dogs. The NARS blush in stick form is called The NARS Multiples in Orgasm...don’t think it has a # . Powder is just NARS Orgasm powder blush. I can’t overdue blush either just because being fair, I can look clown-like real easily. This is somewhat sheer w/ a slight sheen, not really a shimmer finish. It gives some brightness to the face, but in no way over powering. I use just the stick most of the time (blends easily w/ brush or fingers) or if cheeks feel more oily, mostly summer, use the powder over stick to set it. 

Re: Your eyes. Have you tried Visine...sure you have. Liner in navy whitens the eyes. So does a light flesh toned waterproof pencil in lower inner waterline. May I ask if redness due to allergies or product irritation? Can give you name/shade of both I use if interested.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

I definitely have to economize!!! I really want to get to the point where you are.  Find the products that work and do the best for me that can be done.  I know there are no miracle products and I don't expect that.  I think at my age I have pretty realistic expectations.  I want to have a minimal routine in both my skin care and makeup.  And I want to feel good about what I am using and the final outcome.  I may not always know what looks good on me but I sure know when something looks bad!!!!  Ewwww, what a horrible feeling!!!  I was watching a few videos today about makeup, etc. and I would tell you which video it was on, but it totally escapes me, but any how, this person said a lot of woman have the idea that you need to stop wearing this or that makeup item when you get older or that you need to use hardly anything, but that this is definitely not true.  You just have to alter the shades you are wearing and also the way in which you are wearing things.  They said also that if you forego eye makep because you feel it is for the young, you are doing yourself a huge disservice.  I thought -- pretty simple advice but it's actually pretty great advice!  Yes, being sensitive and fair definitely has many challenges in addition to that stupid aging thing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

I definitely have to economize!!! I really want to get to the point where you are.  Find the products that work and do the best for me that can be done.  I know there are no miracle products and I don't expect that.  I think at my age I have pretty realistic expectations.  I want to have a minimal routine in both my skin care and makeup.  And I want to feel good about what I am using and the final outcome.  I may not always know what looks good on me but I sure know when something looks bad!!!!  Ewwww, what a horrible feeling!!!  I was watching a few videos today about makeup, etc. and I would tell you which video it was on, but it totally escapes me, but any how, this person said a lot of woman have the idea that you need to stop wearing this or that makeup item when you get older or that you need to use hardly anything, but that this is definitely not true.  You just have to alter the shades you are wearing and also the way in which you are wearing things.  They said also that if you forego eye makep because you feel it is for the young, you are doing yourself a huge disservice.  I thought -- pretty simple advice but it's actually pretty great advice!  Yes, being sensitive and fair definitely has many challenges in addition to that stupid aging thing!  

@AngelPuppy1  Yes, changes in makeup shades and placement for sure. Eyes lose definition with age, so some type of liner is a must. I choose to tightline since if I do a black or dark brown liner on lid, it looks too much, too heavy. I can, however do a navy or charcoal liner on top lid when doing a more makeup look. For me (& you, but anyone fair), the most important thing is balance....not too much on eyes, no bright blush or bright lips...especially don’t go “all out” on all 3 areas. 😜

Honored Contributor

What works for me is to use concealer etc products that match my skin tone, which is extremely fair. Then blush that goes well with it. At that point I look nice, but rather 18th century, fainting-magnolia-like.

And then on top I use Hourglass powders to liven up my color. So I dust on Hourglass bronzer in Nude Bronze Light in all the correct spots. And on top of everything, I brush Hourglass Mood light ambient lighting powder. I look more healthy and vibrant this way.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr