Honored Contributor

Re: Need your expert foundation/powder advice yet again --

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I am 60, fair skin, pinish/neutral undertones, dry/sensitive/rosacea.

I currently like Doll 10 HydraLux foundation in Fair.  It covers beautiful, and dries to a soft matte finish so no finishing powder required.  IT's foundations/BBs and CCs always leave my skin so tacky that I have to put a powder on top. Their BB oil-free is a little better, and I would choose the Fair-Light color but it still needs a powder.

Bare Minerals is a no go for me, it just makes my skin itch.  As does IT's powder foundations with sunscreens.  If I get the slightest bit warm my face itches terribly and feels irritated.

An expensive option, but a good one, is Chanel Perfection Lumier Long Wear Flawless Fluid Sunscreen with SPF 15..  A drugstore option I really like also is the L'Oreal True Match - both the regular and the Lumi (for when my skin feels more dry).  True Match Broad Spectrum SPF 17 in Classic Ivory (N2),  True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous with SPF 20 in N122 Soft Ivory/Classic Ivory.

For extra redness cover up - use a yellow conealer.  Signature Club A has Industrial Strength Yellow that's a great option.  I've also been known to use MAC Studio Fix in NC20 prior to applying foundation, or even after if it's still showing red.

@RainyDayGal

Thank you for your post!  I would not go for Chanel though -- too much for me!

The Doll 10 sounds nice.  Several people have recommended this.  Sounds like something I might like.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone!  

I very much appreciate the support and help I get here!

You all have given me so much good information and I feel like I have some things which I can try and apply!  Makes me feel more optomistic!!!!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1It is a powder but doesn't look like it on my skin, it melds into my skin and doesn't settle into any lines. Almost a creamy powder, if that makes sense! Hope that helps!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

I hope you don't mind my posting this, but you just seem the nicest person!  You answers are always so kind and helpful!  

I don't mind my being fair at all.  When I was young, I longed, yearned, to be tan like all my friends.  

Tthe other day I had on an Almay foundation and the formuation was really very nice --- moisturizing and smooth -- but when I looked in the mirror -- I was actually scared!  I looked sick!  The shade matched my skin very well, but I really didn't know how to do the --- what I call "the add ons".  I am a person who definiately wants a powder over my foundation.  Bronzer and blush are difficult.  

I have also tried going up a shade or 2 in foundation and although it made me look more alive, it just wasn't right!  

As for bronzers, I have tried so many shades, brands, etc. -- They just don't seem right to me.  I don't claim to be great at application but have tried many different ways.  I don't think for the most part they are for me either.

As for blush, since I have some issues with roscea, and broken caps, I can't figure out what shade to use that gives me some life to my face but doesn't look like Miss Red Cheeks!  

Your suggestions for your makeup choices sound wonderful and I am glad that you seem to have found your go-to items.

I know people here probably think -- what is with this woman?

No, I am not psychotic!!!  I am just trying to figure out a decent every day look for myself.  It's a bit frustrating.  I'm not striving for perfection or trying to be 21 again.  

Hi @AngelPuppy1. Unless I missed something derogatory you may have said, why would you think I’d mind this post? It was complimentary. I’m not sure if I answered your questions, gave you some suggestions and a “go ahead” to enjoy being fair and play it up. 💕

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

OP - I think your way over thinking something very simple. I am also very fair - natural redhead - and I used to have difficulty finding foundation that was not yellow based - which we can't wear.I found L'Oreal true match at the drug store and never looked back. Take a friend with you to help you pick the exact right color - they have cool - warm and neutral in all the shades. You'll want either cool or neutral. I'm a neutral 2. I wear the same in both the liquid & the powder. Most of the time I wear Josie Maron concealer crayon on a few spots I need to cover , then just the L'Oreal powder and the L'Oreal blush. I wear moisturizing Spackle under my MU and my Mu lasts all day for me.

I took my cousin, who is an artist, with me to help me pick out my shade. She was very particular and it paid off - the N2 is perfect for me. Many Many Many women are using this L'Oreal true match foundation. The lady at the cosmetic counter at the drug store told me they sell like hotcakes.

@151949

I know I probably am!  That's just who I am --- I over analyze things.  LOL!  What color of the blush do you wear?  You might have listed it but I didn't see it.  Thank you and I am glad you found your matches! 

It's called TRUE ROSE and is C3-4.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Oh, no, I don't think I said anything derogatory.  LOL!  I identified with a lot of what you said in your prior post, since we seem to have similar skin issues.  I am looking forward to nailing this down!  HA!  Process of elimination, I guess!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

Oh, no, I don't think I said anything derogatory.  LOL!  I identified with a lot of what you said in your prior post, since we seem to have similar skin issues.  I am looking forward to nailing this down!  HA!  Process of elimination, I guess!  

@AngelPuppy1  Let me know if any other questions or recommendations for fair skin cosmetics you’d like to try.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1- Is there a Clinique counter close by for you to visit?  They've got great options and not too terribly expensive.  There are so many routes to go with makeup and it's overwhelming at times!  If Clinique is an option, I suggest calling ahead and find out a time when someone can spend some time with you.  Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus

@AngelPuppy1  Let me know if any other questions or recommendations for fair skin cosmetics you’d like to try.

@Shanus

Thank you.  I will.  I am always coming up with new issues and/or coming across different things that I question --- hmmm -- would this work for me?  I appreciate your offer!!! 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AngelPuppy1- Is there a Clinique counter close by for you to visit?  They've got great options and not too terribly expensive.  There are so many routes to go with makeup and it's overwhelming at times!  If Clinique is an option, I suggest calling ahead and find out a time when someone can spend some time with you.  Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide!  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal

We had a small one at a Bon-ton which I used to go to occasionally and ask the girl there questions and she was really nice but the store closed.  I don't really have another once close to me.  Clinique products are very nice though.  Thanks!