Super Contributor

Re: Need warmth without too much color

I'd recommend checking out Paula's Choice Duo bronzer.  They both go on very light.  I have light skin and I've never had a problem with this duo looking too dark, Orange or heavy.

Honored Contributor

Alima Pure mineral makeup has bronzers in shades.  Here is the lightest one: You could order a sample.  If anyone uses it, their matte mineral foundation is on sale right now.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

How about trying a powder foundation or a finishing powder that is just a little too dark for you?  Wet N Wild has a Powder Foundation, Coverall, that comes in several shades from fair to dark.  One of those might work and would be inexpensive.  I am sure there are a few others in the drugstore if you look around.

Honored Contributor

Take a look at Wet & Wild bronzer in the "Cabana" shade

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I would suggest putting the makeup brush down & walk away. The line of demarcation is soooo noticeable from face to neck/body...unless you're wearing a long-sleeved turtleneck. And even then, there's sooo much product...no wonder why guys hate makeup.

Never seen anyone pull off contouring and/or bronzer...or even a full face foundation....so noticeable. Just for giggles & grins, I just viewed the Stephanie Lange Contouring for pale skin.....and yes, I still stand by my comment. Here's a professional artist w/ a quarter million YouTube followers....and she even looks crazy w/ all that product.

Less is more. It's not fooling anyone.
If you don't have color, you don't have color.
If you don't have cheekbones, you don't have cheekbones.

No amount of product will give you those things. Less is more
Embrace 'what'cha mama gave 'ya'!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I disagree.  Many mineral make-ups don't show any lines of demarcation.  After all, the whole point is to brush/buff them so they don't.

I also don't agree about the bronzer.  I have seen many women wear it well, me included. 

p.s. Ms. Lange's foundation is too pink for her coloring.  And she does need to blend better.  That video is not a testament to perfect blending.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.