Valued Contributor

Need tips on applying Perricone's No Foundation serum foundation

[ Edited ]

I ordered this on the 6 easy pay day and just received and think I love it. However, three drops as instructed does not seem like near enough. I am applying as patting into my skin starting in the center and working outwards, but seems up need at least 6 or 8 drops to cover.

I was using Loreal True Match and color was almost just right but loving there is no color choice with this and the finish and color look natural. I was also using BareSkin on weekends as very light coverage and felt it gave my skin a break but hard to get the right color and have to change in the summer.

With the No Foundation I feel I am getting a good skin treatment along with a natural and great no brainer color match. If I could just get the application right, I think this is a big winner and I don't mind paying the price.

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Need tips on applying PTR No Foundation serum foundation

I don't think you are doing anything wrong: some of us need more...I do love these types of foundations however...Did you ever try Perricone No Makeup Makeup? It's fabulous: I really love the color "cosmetics", such as the bronzer, blush and luminizer. They can also be used in any number of ways.

I don't know if the Q still sells it, but they had a "try me" set that seems to last forever.It would be a nice compliment to your PTR....it's so easy!

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

@Theresa1121

good morning 

Are you using a brush or your fingers or a sponge ?

I don't use this one , but i do use the Gressa Minimalist Corrective Serum foundation . I have combination skin with acne marks, and large pores I will soon be 54 and find that heavy coverage or powders draw more attention to lines ,pores etc .I like how the serum glides over everything and just soften pores and lines . I find a brush is the  key to a good application, I apply 2 or 3 drops and blend . I also use the Gressa cheek color and serum highlighter . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PTR has a no foundation serum foundation too? Or did you mean Perricone's no foundation foundation serum? I've only tried Perricone's. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh, senior moment! Yes it is Perricone!

It does say to use your fingers and not a brush or sponge but I will try the brush.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need tips on applying Perricone's No Foundation serum foundation

I use this and I only use 3 drops, but I like a lighter coverage.  I pat it on with my fingers.  I feel like if I use a brush or sponge, it soaks up too much product.  I still go in with concealer after the "foundation" under my eyes and around my nose.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Need tips on applying Perricone's No Foundation serum foundation

I defiitely want to try that.  I love the Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer with the Tint.  It goes on beautifully,  does not look like you have anything on at all, but just gives an overall sheer even finish, with the slightest of color.

Need to try the serum.