Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for foundation for 60+ lady!

@nanny24   You're so welcome. I try to check in almost daily if you have any other questions. I'm an an estitician, as well, if you have skincare concerns. @SilleeMee is great with questions, as well.

Honored Contributor

I always thought that IT Cosmetics were supposed to be the go-to for coverage. Think I tried it some year ago and decided to go back to Bare Minerals. 

Is IT Cosmetics no longer the best for coverage? I know their founder was on QVC a lot and she had great coverage for her red cheeks.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in the same age range. I have 3 products that I use and like. It just depends on the time I have or what I'm doing for that day.

Doll 10 Perfecto liquid foundation (in tube/pump) --A few tiny pumps covers the entire face. It covers yet just looks like your skin.

Laure Geller's Balance & Brighten--If you only have a minute to get ready then this is what I use. It evens out redness, darkness, etc. The powder is cream based so it doesn't look like powder on your skin.

Dr.Denese Day Cream---a multi task product-It's a moisturizer/sun screen/foundation all in one. I love this stuff. I use a brush to apply but you can use your fingertips. This is my go to if I'm going to be outside for any length of time.

Hope one of these work for you.  

Respected Contributor

@nanny24 There are a lot of options out there.

Do you have oily skin, dry or normal? That is important in choosing your products.

If your foundation is full coverage it may be a reason you feel like you look "pasty". If you are used to seeing the color of your freckles & some redness using a full coverage foundation will "erase" all of that color & you will have a blank canvas. Even if it is the perfect color for you, you may feel like you are pasty.

But, yes, you can add color back where you want it with blush or bronzer.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite L'Oreal Blur has been discontinued of course. I have a few backups purchased but when they run out I might try Urban Decay Hydromaniac. It looks light and I like that they offer different colors including with a neutral tone.