Valued Contributor

Need suggestions for cruelty-free makeup...

Some of my favorite cosmetics are no longer 'cruelty-free'.  For those of you who only purchase cruelty-free products, could you please share some of your favorites?  I have decided not to purchase from Urban Decay, Too Faced, etc. because the parent companies do animal testing.

Thank you!

Just wanted to add one of my favorites that I recently discovered...Physicians Formula Cushion Foundation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for cruelty-free makeup...

Kat Von D

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Josie Maran

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi LindaSal-

I have purchased several things from Josie Maran, but they did not work for me.  Could you be specific as to what products of hers you like?  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Doll 10 is cruelty free.

you can also check this website for brands that are Leaping Bunny certified and PETA certified: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/list-of-cruelty-free-brands/

Regular Contributor

Winky Lux

Valued Contributor

@Swedishmiss

I have been cruelty free for about 4 years now . After adopting my puppy from a rescue organization I decided to go cruelty free . I gave up my MAC and Bobbie Brown and will not purchase brands whose parent company test on animals either.  

I have several brands that I am very happy with : Silk Naturals , Moody Sisters , W3ll people ,Gressa ,Hynt Beauty , Kjaer Weis . ColourPop is also cruelty free .   Some great shopping sites are Integrity Botanicals,Detox Market , Citrine Beauty and Credo . What is great about these shopping sites is that they sell samples for a few dollars and you can try before you buy . I also love Logical Harmony by Tahsina . She updates her cruelty free brands weekly and has shopping guides for cruelty free/vegan brands at Sephora, Ulta and drugstores . SHe has reviews as wells as Youtube videos on the productss. Good Luck and congratualtions on going cruelty free 

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all who responded to my post!

Do you ladies have any specific suggestions.  I know every company has good and not so good items.  Would love to know which ones are your favorites within the brand.

Valued Contributor

@Swedishmiss

Hi I really like Silk Naturals if you are new to cruelty free . Their  prices are wonderful and I had posted a few weeks ago that they have Dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes and the Too Faced Sweet Peach kit , as welll as dupes for popular MAC colors and Nars O blush( which is spot on)  I have serveral eyeshadow and brow filler and lip gloss . This might be a great place to start as their prices are so reasonable and you can probably find colors similar to what you were using in other brands  . I recenty purchased a liquid foundation from Moody SIsters and it is great ,customer service is wonderfull . I love Gressa Serum foundation and serum blush they are organic and a little pricer , but you can get samples on some of the sites I mentioned . Good luck 

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier

kindness is strength