Respected Contributor

Need suggestions for a nice finishing loose powder....

I'm looking for sheer, natural face powder.  Nothing matte, or chaulky.   I have IT bye bye, and really do not like it.    I'm in the porcelain shade, so I like something very light.   

Appreciate any help here!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a nice finishing loose powder....

Check out Southern Magnolia Minerals.  You can google them to get the website addy since the webbie will remove if I post it.  She's got an assortment of finishing powders.   She uses natural ingredients and makes nice products.  Her Petal Pink Illuminizing HD Powder is really nice.

Trusted Contributor

I also love Lauren Hutton's Aqua Elements Loose Powder foundation.  If you can find it. 

Thanks JLF, I'll look for that. 

Respected Contributor

Ben Nye loose powders. It is a professional powder. You can Google his site or amazon carries it. I have the lux in cameo for my fair skin. It is super and inexpensive given how much you get.
Honored Contributor

Here are a few suggestions.  For the white finishing powder either Tarte's Smooth Operator or Laura Mercier.  For a fair color finishing powder either Laura Mercier or Josie Maran.  I actually use the white by Tarte and Laura and also e.l.f. has an SPF finishing powder that I like  I am fair/light.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

The best I've found, hands down, is Makeup Forever's HD Powder (loose).  It doesn't matter what skin tone you have because there is no color to it and it also doesn't alter the color of your foundation.  Ive been using it for years.  I'm usually the type to jump ship and try the next latest/greatest product - but this works so well I've just stuck with it.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all...I'm checking these out...appreciate!!

Trusted Contributor

Josie Marans is $21 today for Super Saturday including a brush.  The makeup Forever HD is almost identical (if not identical) to the It Bye Bye Pores.  I haven't tried Josie's but I know what you mean about the BBP being perfect.  I'm thinking about trying Josie's but reluctant to purchase yet another finishing powder online.  I've been pretty happy with the BE perfecting powder that goes with their serum foundation.  It is a pressed finishing powder.

Esteemed Contributor

I beg to differ that Makeup Forever's HD powder is  exatly like IT's Bye-Bye. The closest duplicate I have evert tried for HD is NYX 's HD Studio powder. Not that it matters, but the Makeup Forever and NYX are probably made in the same factory with the formula being used by more than one brand for distrbution.  This happens quite a bit in cosmetics as very few companies actually are the developing scientists of formulas and have manufacturing facilities of their own.  Laura Geller used to have the same white powder, but hers was discontinued.  Back to the HD Powder, it's much better than Bye-Bye as it's silky sheer and is as colorless on my caramel brown skintone as it is on someone with a fair complexion.  Bye-Bye with it's yellowish hue is a little heavier and can slip into ashy on darker skintones and cakey on everyone.

Another good old standby for a finishing powder is BE's Mineral Veil.  I still think it's the best single item in the brand.  I like the original color instead of the tinted shades for everyone.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like the Elf High Definition loose powder ....   only $6 at Walmart.