Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Need suggestions for a liquid foundation, not sure what brand to try+++

I have very sensitive skin, that is also dry, and rosacea.

A few foundations that I have tried that did not work out for me were:

Almay TLC foundation

CoverGirl foundation for sensitive skin

Physicians Formula BB cream

These caused my rosacea to flare up in those annoying, i*chy bumps.

Are there any liquid foundation recs for hypersensitive skin that doesnt have a lot of irritating ingredients that would work for me?

Not interested in mineral powder.

Thanks so much!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a liquid foundation, not sure what brand to try+++

Try cover fx.
Super Contributor

I went into a JCPenney store that has a Sephora included. They have this wonderful (machine device) that the salesclerk can test you for an accurate color foundation and will help with your specific challenges you have on your complexion. They will give you a printout of at least nine different brands that you might try-or take home your list to decide.

Best of luck!

Esteemed Contributor

brunette8706 posted the other day about Flower About Face Foundation With Primer.

• Vitamins C and E for anti-aging benefits
  • SPF 15
  • Fragrance free
  • Paraben free
  • Talc free
  • Made in the USA
  • Under $14.00

It's available exclusively at Walmart. It's part of Drew Barrymoore's Flower Cosmetics line.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Pucker, not sure what your budget is, but I love the CC Cream by IT Cosmetics. Even though it's meant to be a corrector/primer, it's a great full coverage, comforting, calming foundation.
Respected Contributor

I have dry sensitive skin and I have a fair complexion.

I found 3 I really like, on HSN I love the M.Asam magic makeup foundation(is one color but blends to match all but deep or olive complexions), Mally air brush mousse in the pump can( I use light/medium in that) and the new BE bareskin serum foundation(liquid) and I use bare shell in that.

The M. Asam magic makeup foundation is great using your fingers and doesn't take much. The Mally air brush mousse in the pump can you get a brush with that but I prefer the Real Techniques expert face brush and the BE bareskin serum foundation I also prefer my real techniques expert face brush using a circular motion to apply.

For drug stores I would highly recommend L'Oreal visible lift serum absolute(also use my real techniques expert face brush with this one but you can use your fingers or whatever works best for you. This comes in a glass bottle with a pump. It is great for dry skin.

Honored Contributor

I have dry sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I use Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. It's wonderful. It has never irritated my skin and it doesn't look like you're wearing make-up. I love it and have used it for over fifteen years. She has a new foundation that's just come out, too. I would recommend going to a department store to a Laura Mercier counter and getting someone to help you choose the right foundation for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Low end: Neutrogena

High end: Laura Mercier's new Fluide foundation - long lasting, oil free looks like a second skin yet has medium coverage.

kindness is strength