Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a great smelling shampoo

Today i used Whole Blends coconut milk 2 in 1 and loved it a lot. The coconut mell is very light

Esteemed Contributor

@dlion, perhaps you should have mentioned your hair type and what kind of scent you might prefer.  

Aveda has one of the strongest scents I can think of in their products.  They claim the scent is from the natural ingredients, but whatever the reason, if you shampoo with any Aveda shampoo it will leave a hint of the "Aveda" scent in your hair.  BTW: the products are good too, so that's an added benefit to the smell.  

I think Nick Chavez's Mesquite line has a nice smell.  It's not as obvisou as Aveda though, but the products ar A+.  

Respected Contributor

@dlion

Any of the Philosophy shower gels are supposed to be able to be used as shampoo also so, if you like any of their scents, you could try those.

Frequent Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I try to avoid scented body and laundry products.  They can produce reactions.

Well I suppose since she is the one who asked about scented shampoo then it must not produce a reaction for HER, who is the one this is about.....not you.  Just because they CAN be an irritant doesn't mean they ARE an irritant for everybody.  If you don't use scented products then I guess this wasn't a question you needed to reply to. 

To to answer the original question, I can second the Aveda shampoos...they smell amazing. Clean and fresh smelling!

Respected Contributor

I was at Target today and Nexxus has a new shampoo in a dark olive  bottle that smells like dill pickles to me. I kid you not. I wanted to buy it just to see what it will smell like in my hair but I decided to think on this one lol

Honored Contributor

Aveda always has luscious smelling shampoos.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like "Biolage Sugar Shine" shampoo and conditioner.

Respected Contributor

I suggest hitting Ulta or somewhere with tons of shampoo, and start sniffing/huffing your way down the isles.  Hit Sally's, Target, WalMart.....and start sniffing.  If you gave us an idea of your hair type and scent you want, we might be able to be more specific.

Respected Contributor

I tried a sample of a moisturizing shampoo by Maxius Salon that had this pure vanilla scent that was just simple vanilla, not the sweet stuff, but just clean. It lingered, so it was wonderful. I can find it at Amazon and just Googling it, but a local salon sold it for a while. I now want to order a bottle of it because now my hair needs the moisture due to hormone changes.
Honored Contributor

@dlion  I love the fragrance of all the Shea Moisture shampoos and conditioners. They're good for your hair, too & sulfate free.