Valued Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a great smelling shampoo

[ Edited ]

Nature's Gate Herbal Cleanse daily shampoo & conditioner smells sooo good. 

Honored Contributor

Theorie Argan Shampoo (the whole argan line smells the same)

Out of this world delicious! I really wish they'd make a body spray or perfume.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

DH STILL asks me now and then if I have found a shampoo that smells like his all time fave....the old Herbal Essence. I see original bottles of the stuff sell on ebay for BIG $$$$$. Anyone know a shampoo that has the same wonderful smell as this old classic? It would make my DH very happy. TIA!

@silkyk Try the version from the Vermont Country Store catalog. I think it is spot on!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

DH STILL asks me now and then if I have found a shampoo that smells like his all time fave....the old Herbal Essence. I see original bottles of the stuff sell on ebay for BIG $$$$$. Anyone know a shampoo that has the same wonderful smell as this old classic? It would make my DH very happy. TIA!

@silkyk Try the version from the Vermont Country Store catalog. I think it is spot on!

Thanks Jacie,I looked at the Vermont Country Store but didn't see this shampoo. Do you have an item number for it? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Rita Hazan True Color Shampoo and Conditioner are heavily fragranced and smell like a spring perfume - flowery and pretty - sort of a tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine combo.  You can still smell the fragrance the next day.  Another option is Philosophy's Amazing Grace Shampoo and Conditioner - heavily fragranced and smell like the perfume.  Both are available at Sephora and Ulta.  WEN's Spring Honey Lilac is beautifully fragranced and the scent lasts the next day, too.

Super Contributor

I LOVE Carol's Daughter.  Everything smells divine!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions & comments!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk

I just looked (on-line) too and didn't see it, very surprising, they have had it for years. I would call or email them to ask, it just may not be in their current catalog.

I ordered a couple of bottles a few years back, have not since but they are always so helpful I would give that a try. The on-line catalog appears much smaller than what they actually carry.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Ohhhhh  I tried Matrix Total Results High Amplify  in the new design bottles and it smells so good!

It has a light clean crisp scent.  Its not floral or fruity I can not explain it  but is so very refreshing

Respected Contributor

I had  a $15 off 50 coupon for beauybrands and I fed my shampoo addiction and purchased Kendra Platinum Thickening shampoo and conditioner.  Smells a little like bubblegum or cotton candyish but very subtle. Their regular volume shampoo smells like red wine