Trusted Contributor

Hi, I'm new to self-tanning. Need something that won't transfer, streak, or look too orange. I know .  there is Vita Liberata, James Read, Isle of Paradise among others TIA Magpie

Honored Contributor

Re: Need self-tan recc's

[ Edited ]

I love the MineTan foam. The MineTan website says the Olive shade is universal in case you don't know which one to get...I think that part is a bit confusing when trying to decide which one to pick. Get the mitt!  It makes application super easy and there's never any streaking. It doesn't stink and it never turns orange either. My tan lasts a long time and when it starts to fade it doesn't get splotchy. I haven't noticed any transfer. The foam dries rather quickly and it doesn't dry out my skin. Best self-tanner, imo.

All but one of the MineTan foams give you instant color then it gets darker over time, usually in about 3 hours later will you see the darkest tan. You can always rinse it off at any time if you don't want it dark...I never do, just let it go and sleep on it and wake up with a nice looking tan.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks I'll look into it!

Honored Contributor

tan towels on HSN.

individually packaged, no smell, no mess, super easy to use, portable.

no mess on sheets or clothing.

have been using them for many years now.

great way to maintain a tan.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My only complaint about Tan Towels is the odor which they do leave behind. 

Contributor

i like Tarte and had good results from it. i always add into a body butter or body lotion so it goes on smoothly and not too much color.

Trusted Contributor

Which Mine tan is the one that is reccomended? There are quite a few to chose from Mine Tan.

Respected Contributor

Tan towels made me orange and they smelled bad.  I like Bare Minerals Faux Tan.  Easy, not transfer and natural looking.  I do apply with a mitt.

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 wrote:

Which Mine tan is the one that is reccomended? There are quite a few to chose from Mine Tan.

@Allthingsgirly67 

On the MineTan website, it says the Olive is a universal shade and compliments most skin tones.

Super Contributor

I have tried them all and I would not recomend any of them--in fact today I went to Fed ex to return the HamptonSun spray tan duo that I ordered--it did everything the guest said it wouldn't--it turned orange and when I took a shower the color rubbed off on my white towels--I gave in and now I had to return--I hope I don't get convinced to purchase a self tanner againSmiley Frustrated  mj nj