Respected Contributor

Need recs for primer under liquid foundation

[ Edited ]
I'm giving liquid foundation another try. I bought Lancone Teint Idole. I typically wear powder foundation and apply Bareminerals BB primer beforehand. But it doesn't seem like it would be good with liquid over it. I've tried Smashbox and wasn't a fan. What are your recs for a primer to use under liquid foundation?
Respected Contributor

Re: Need recs for primer under liquid foundation

I like the 100% Pure luminous primer and the IT Cosmetics one that is white in the pump bottle (not the dropper). HTH!
Regular Contributor

I tried the smash box too, don't understand all the fuss.  I keep coming back to Tarte's Clean Slate, I use the Poreless.  Also Tarte Timeless feels nice.  I have used Mally, and Mary Kay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Missha BB Boomer or IT No. 50.  The Missha can be found from USA sellers on eBay and sometimes on Amazon so don't have to wait forever for it to come from overseas.  It's not expensive either and the tube lasts a long time.

Valued Contributor

A really good serum like Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free, or one of Laura Mercier's primers. I use this the Olay serum or Mercier's Radiance primer.
Respected Contributor

I'm intrigued by the Missha BB Boomer. Is it colorless?
Respected Contributor

It seems that putting liquid over liquid would feel and be heavy.  All foundations seem to have silicone in them anyway which is what primers seem to be.  Even moisturizers have silicone so maybe just liquid over moisturizer.  I use the BM primer cream and then a powder over it.  Nothing really makes me look the way I want to look.  I guess I would need a time machine for that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
I'm intrigued by theMissha BB Boomer. Is it colorless?

It looks white when dispensed, but there is a very, very pale tint of pink in it due to the pink pearl powder which also leaves a little iridescent glow on the skin.  Pearl powder is very good for the skin and the BB Boomer has other skincare ingredients too.  Once you rub the BB Boomer onto your face, the dewy irridesence is left behind, no color.  The BB Boomer is listed as a primer to make BB creams adhere better, but I think it could work with a liquid foundation as long as you did a light application and built your coverage.  I don't think you'd want to put anything too watery over any primer or it might break it down.  Even though it's technically for use under a BB cream, I still use it when I'm only doing a powdered foundation as well.  http://www.misshaus.com/m-bb-boomer.html 

Contributor

I just bought Pore Professional (Benefit product).  I just used it twice but that isn't long enough for me to test it as to keeping on the foundation.  I bought it so that the foundation will glide on after putting on a moisturizer.  I love the way it feels and I have heard good things about it.  I tried and returned Rimmel's face primer but I did not like the feel of it.

Trusted Contributor

JLF, thanks for the link to Missha since I do use BB cream a lot.