Respected Contributor

Re: Need recs for Pilates Reformer Books/DVDs

I know you'll be glad you purchased the stand.  It makes a huge difference.  Once you have that installed, the carpet won't come into play.  Also the added height allows for some additional movements and better range of motion.   When you get your DVD's you'll see that most of the movements start out flat on the surface.  This allows you to strengthen in a balanced fashion and from the inside out incorporating the stabilizer muscles.  So much better for your back and knees.  I hope you'll post back once you work with the DVD.  I'm sure that'll answer most of your questions.Smiley Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check your stand, tigriss.  One end is wider than the other.  You may need to switch it around.  Once the machine is sitting on the base correctly the wheels shouldn't matter.  The wheels are a convenience, and you can get them from Stamina Customer Service....as well as the feet, I'm sure.   The feet would have made a difference in keeping the machine up off the carpet though.    

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Valued Contributor

The red cord is like the black cord but it is like   1 /1/2  in strength of the black cord.  I use the two black cords most of the time or one black cord.  Since I have the 5 cord machine I use the red cord along with the black cord when I do the shoulder stand sequence.  It is definitely a stronger cord.

Respected Contributor

I did make sure the directions were followed.  The little legs are missing along with the wheels, so I found some screws that fit and make some from little dowls by drilling through them and putting them in the hole so I could get to using it.  Now that it is ont he stand, it will stay out all the time.

Respected Contributor

OK. I will probably see how it goes tonight once I use it with the stand. I got in really late and I'm up at 500 and on the road by 600 for my new job. I've got to get used to this new schedule. Monday I start working 4 10s with Fridays off. Once, I'm good with that, I'll be good to go with nightly pilates. I've got some muscle building to do and know that things will improve as my weight drops and muscles strengthen. Thanks for the help.
Respected Contributor

My power went out during a storm, so I worked out early. I oiled the wheels with some sewing machine oil and it moves way better. With the little legs missing, there was way more friction being flat on the carpet.
Respected Contributor

It is way better than when it was on the floor.  The stand makes such a difference along with the sewing machine oil on the wheels.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also mean to add that my back feels way better and my legs and body aren't as sore. I don't limp when i walk anymore after a few days of the stretching and strengthening of the muscles.

I also just ordered this book.  I chose it because it has only Reformer exercises and not like the other book by Eme Cole that has all the other Pilates equipment in it, though that book is a great reference for those that do use those other pieces of equipment.  This is packed with other exercises that the DVD I ordered isn't, but the DVD does show proper usage/allignment that will allow me to master that but the book will add to the exercises.  Thanks for all the super duper help!