Trusted Contributor

Need recommendations for a natural, organic mascara that won't be $$$

I am having what I think is an allergic reaction to Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara (I've used it for years but they must have changed the formula) and based on some research I've read this is not uncommon - many symptoms reported similar to mine. So, I'm on the hunt for an organic natural mascara that is friendly to my eyes AND budget. Any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for a natural, organic mascara that won't be $$$

@LonestarBabs  Try iherb.com.  They carry a lot of organic products.  Use their search feature.  $20 gets free shipping.  Also, there is always Clinique.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1Thanks, but Clinique also has some chemicals in it that I'd now like to avoid. I have used Clinique for years off and on as my budget would allow. I'll check out iherb!

Respected Contributor

Maracuja Mascara from 100% pure....it is awesome !

Trusted Contributor

@fourpaws56  But it's expensive!

Honored Contributor

How about Physicians Formula organic mascara? And its cruelty free!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@LonestarBabs

Hi I use cruelty free organic brands and two that are very reasonably priced under $20 are Pacifica and Gabriel and their Gabriel ZUZu lux brand . They are available at Vitacost(best prices) and on their own websites . Pacifica is available at Ulta and Target. More money is Hynt Beauty $24 nocture mascara my second favorite. My favorite brand is FIt Glow expensive at $38 but for me worth it. it is a mascara plus serum in one . I'm 55 and I really noticed my lashes look and feel great . IF you go to organic beauty sites like Detox Market , Aura beauty and Integrity Bontanicals or Citrine Beauty you can purchase samples usually for a few dollar and test several out. Mascara results can vary so its great to sample before you buy . Good Luck .

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  Thanks for suggesting Physician's Formula. I was already considering it, so your recommendation helped!l

Valued Contributor

I am super sensitive and like Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural Mascara.

Valued Contributor

I love Zuzu Lux.  I have very sensitive eyes.  Even the waterproof (which stays put amazingly well) comes off easily with jojoba oil or coconut oil.