Honored Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for a great cruelty-free BLUSH brush!

On 8/16/2014 HappyDaze said:

Do you all use a different blush brush based on if it is cream or powder or gel or liquid blush? Or do you all think that fingers are the best application for liquid/gel/cream blush and only use a blush brush for powder?

I use the RT stippling brush for powder application. I started doing that because a couple powder blushes that I had bought were so dense that my other "fluffy" blush brush just didn't pick up any product.

I bought two of the stippling ones so that I could use one as above and one for blushes that were not in powder form. The stippling does an excellent job with the JM cheek gelees. But truth be told, I get lazy most of the time and end up just using my finger for this type of blush.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 8/16/2014 GoodStuff said:

What is "cruel" about a blush brush? If the brush is made from animal hair, it wouldn't necessarily be "cruelly" harvested. If they're using the hides and hair of animals being used for meat, leather, etc., they're being killed anyway. I'm interested in promoting humane treatment of animals, not in avoiding use of all animal products. Leather shoes, leather belts, leather bags, steaks, burgers, chops, milk.........most of us are animal product consumers.

Did you have any suggestions or did you just want to preach? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Just joining the conversation on an open forum, thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to do that........I think that's what that nice, empty "post a reply" box is there for, just waiting for anyone who wishes to type a comment.........

Cool

Respected Contributor

You might want to check out all the great brushes on everydayminerals.com.100% vegan and cruelty free with bamboo handles. These brushes are some of the finest I've ever used. Their angled blush brush is the best! And affordable too..... $13.00!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/16/2014 GoodStuff said:

What is "cruel" about a blush brush? If the brush is made from animal hair, it wouldn't necessarily be "cruelly" harvested. If they're using the hides and hair of animals being used for meat, leather, etc., they're being killed anyway. I'm interested in promoting humane treatment of animals, not in avoiding use of all animal products. Leather shoes, leather belts, leather bags, steaks, burgers, chops, milk.........most of us are animal product consumers.

I'm sorry to say that you are very misinformed about how make-up brushes made from animal fur are really made. They are not a byproduct of the food you buy in the supermarket. They are the result of cruel and inhumane torture, electrocution and skinning alive of innocent animals while still alive all for the sake of beauty. Most sable, pony hair, goat hair, squirrel, etc. are all made in China. You may not have a problem with it, but I sure do. Maybe you should watch the video of a live skinning of an innocent animal before stating that it is not cruel. These animals are killed inhumanely and they are not used for food or anything other than their fur. That is a fact!

Respected Contributor

Do you all use a different blush brush based on if it is cream or powder or gel or liquid blush? Or do you all think that fingers are the best application for liquid/gel/cream blush and only use a blush brush for powder?

I use a stipling brush for JM gelee and for cream blushes. My fav is RT. My experience has been a much nicer finish with the brush rather than fingers. I also quickly clean the brush after each use with MAC brush cleaner so it's ready for the next use. I like SQ3's idea of using it for a powder blush. Gonna give that a whirl and see how it works for me.
Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 silkyk said:

You might want to check out all the great brushes on everydayminerals.com.100% vegan and cruelty free with bamboo handles. These brushes are some of the finest I've ever used. Their angled blush brush is the best! And affordable too..... $13.00!

someone else mentioned this line too so I will definitely check it out. I like the idea of an angled blush brush too. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 BellaCarro said:

I use a stipling brush for JM gelee and for cream blushes. My fav is RT. My experience has been a much nicer finish with the brush rather than fingers. I also quickly clean the brush after each use with MAC brush cleaner so it's ready for the next use. I like SQ3's idea of using it for a powder blush. Gonna give that a whirl and see how it works for me.

Hm, never thought to use my RT stippling brush for JM's gelee and cream blushes! I will give it a try.

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I use the RT stippling brush for powder application. I started doing that because a couple powder blushes that I had bought were so dense that my other "fluffy" blush brush just didn't pick up any product.

I bought two of the stippling ones so that I could use one as above and one for blushes that were not in powder form. The stippling does an excellent job with the JM cheek gelees. But truth be told, I get lazy most of the time and end up just using my finger for this type of blush.

so you use the stippling for the gelee too, wow I will have to give that a try. Yeah, I am NOT liking dense brushes for powder blush at all and not big and fluffy brushes either- much more difficult to control where I'm applying it and how much.

Respected Contributor

Hm, never thought to use my RT stippling brush for JM's gelee and cream blushes! I will give it a try.

Oh, girl, stippling brushes are the way to go with those two products. I'm obsessed with them! Smiley Wink Btw, you might check out Sonia Kashuk. I've had good luck with a few of her brushes, and I'm 99.9% sure they are cruelty free. HTH!!
Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 FUTURE said:

Oh, girl, stippling brushes are the way to go with those two products. I'm obsessed with them! Smiley Wink Btw, you might check out Sonia Kashuk. I've had good luck with a few of her brushes, and I'm 99.9% sure they are cruelty free. HTH!!

I *thought* I had tried using the stippling brush and it turns out it was this one brush from Tarte that is sort of like a stippling brush but it left so many little hairs all over (tarte's brushes are the worst at shedding imo) that I gave up with it. Didn't even think to try my REAL real techniques stippling! lol!