Frequent Contributor

Need recommendations for a good hair cutting scissors

I have purchased a couple from Amazon and they were not good. I don't want to spend alot of money, just want something that is good, not super heavy and sharp. I have health issuses and don't feel it is safe to have my haircut at the salon. Not even sure what to look for. Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for a good hair cutting scissors

@savetheanimals wrote:

I have purchased a couple from Amazon and they were not good. I don't want to spend alot of money, just want something that is good, not super heavy and sharp. I have health issuses and don't feel it is safe to have my haircut at the salon. Not even sure what to look for. Thanks for your help.

@savetheanimals   To cut your hair well, you do need a good, sharp scissors. The drugstore varieties are just not that great. You can cause split ends and uneven bangs or layers. I'd either check Sally's or ask your hairstylist if, under the circumstances, she can offer some advice on a reasonably priced good hair scissors.

Honored Contributor

I bought a good pair from Ulta a couple of years ago.  

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair of Equinox International Professional Razor Scissors a few years back. I think they are really good. I dont remember what I paid for them but I think they were under 25 bucks.  Bought on Amazon. 

You definitely need a better pair of scissors for cutting hair. 

Respected Contributor

Zulily's selling Shears Direct hair cutting scissors today. They seem to have good discounts. I don't know anything about this brand, but maybe some of the others can give you their opinions. Or you could google the brand for user reviews. Professional shears can cost several hundred dollars.

Honored Contributor

This is what I purchased from Amazon and they were excellent for my hair.

JW Professional Shears Razor Edge Series - Barber and Hair Cutting Scissors/Shears, Japanese Stainless Steel (Royal Blue) sold by Tricut, Inc. $39.95

Comes in a nice case.
Respected Contributor

@elvislove I agree with Shanus that you do need sharp scissors. I bought mine at Sally's a few yrs. Excellent quality!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@savetheanimals   I purchased from Walgreens Tweezerman scissors for hair for $20.  I did this over 4 years ago but I would think they still make them.  Do a search to see if you can locate.  They are still sharp and I use them for trimming some layers and bangs.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@savetheanimals    Tweezerman Scissors for hair. Stainless steel and $28 at Tweezerman site but someone may sell for less.  They are larger in person.

Stainless 2000 Shears

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care