Trusted Contributor

Re: Need recommendation for moisturizer for dry acne-prone skin

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@lkat   I have acne prone skin, too.  My skin don't do well with Clinique's Dramatic Difference Line, but the Clinique's Moisture Surge Line does not break me out. Have you tried that?

Also, Origin's GinZing Gel Moisturizer and the High Potency Night-A Mins don't break me out, either.  

Good luck in your search.

Thank you @momoftwo2007 .  I'm sorry you didn't have luck with the Dramatic Difference line.  I've been lucky to use it for years without any problems.  I actually do have some good sized sample jars of the Moisture Surge from different GWPs.  I will give it a try.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for that chart @Mindy D , that is very useful.  I'm never sure exactly what ingredients break me out so that will be good to use as a reference so I can start keeping track of what does.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I like the Paula's Choice products.  If you go to their website, they offer a variety of products that may be helpful to you.

Good luck!

@DottieBlue I'll second that.  Also, Avobenzone in sunscreens breaks me out like crazy. I avoid that andPaula's Choice has some good mineral based light weight moisturizers.  As well as ones without sunscreen but other helpful ingredients.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lkat - Since you know your face does well with Clinique, I think you should switch to the lotion version DDML.  Also - Clinique's Moisture Surge line is in gel form and you make like it.

Hope it works out for you.

Honored Contributor

@lkat  - Do you use Retin A (Tretinoin) for breakouts - also for wrinkles, etc. ?

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal My original post was from 2020, I had totally forgotten about it!  Luckily I am not suffering from the dryness any longer.  

I was using tretinoin in the past, but finally had to stop.  I can't remember if I was using it at the time of my original post.  Even though I was using a low %, I still could never adjust no matter what I did.  I tried using it only one day a week and slowly building, tried moisturizer before and after, made sure to wait 20 minutes, etc.  Finally gave it up. 

My skin is very annoying!  Can handle strong acids without any problem, but can't use Vit C because it always makes me breakout no matter what type/concentration.  I can use OTC retinol without a problem

Honored Contributor

@lkat  - Didn't realize the thread was from 2020!  lol.  Glad you're not suffering from dry skin anymore.   Thanks for responding.   Smiley Happy