Trusted Contributor

Re: Need recommendation for moisturizer for dry acne-prone skin

@ahoymate wrote:

The best for dry acne prone skin and for the whole body is Ultra Repair Cream. You can get it on QVC or Sephora. Trust me, I've been there and know what I'm talking about. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. This works and no grease, no breaking out. You don't need to spend a lot of $ on this. Derms, I've been to them my whole life, suggest drug store lotions for your skin, Cetaphil for example. But I love Ultra Repair Cream.

I am not a fan of Cetaphil either, but I am currently using the Ultra Repair Cream Pink Grapefruit for my body.  Never thought to try it for my face.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

Trusted Contributor

@January23 wrote:

Try Mario Badescu. They have a quiz on the main page to determine exactly what your skin needs and they make recommendations. MB has a sale on now too. They make good products and the prices are good too. 

Thank you, I will check it out.  I used to use their Drying Lotion years ago for acne.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ikat, my face & body love Ultra Repair Cream. When I put it on, it's like my skin is saying "thank you". Sounds nuts, but that's the vibe I get. I don't use the scent URC. Only the unscented. I'd be hesitant to use grapefruit scent on my face. Best to you.

Valued Contributor

@lkat 

I will soon be 57 and I still have oily , sensitive acne prone skin it can get dry from time to time . For me the best mositurizer I have found is Procure Rosacare . I have rednessfrom old acne marks and this is great .  I get it at Amazon for about $15 :

PROcure Rosacare Gel Powerful, lightweight hydrogel contains hyaluronic acid, allantoin, vitamin E, cucumber extract, and licorice-root extract for superior moisturizing and cool, soothing relief to reddened skin. Chromium color correcting helps even out skin’s appearance without a masking effect.

Trusted Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@lkat 

I will soon be 57 and I still have oily , sensitive acne prone skin it can get dry from time to time . For me the best mositurizer I have found is Procure Rosacare . I have rednessfrom old acne marks and this is great .  I get it at Amazon for about $15 :

PROcure Rosacare Gel Powerful, lightweight hydrogel contains hyaluronic acid, allantoin, vitamin E, cucumber extract, and licorice-root extract for superior moisturizing and cool, soothing relief to reddened skin. Chromium color correcting helps even out skin’s appearance without a masking effect.

I just looked on Amazon and realized I had this on my wishlist!  I must've seen it mentioned on this board previously and thought it looked good.  I definitely could use help with redness as I still have marks from zits that I had 40 years ago.  Thank you for the reminder.

Valued Contributor

@lkat 

You are welcome !

I love it I wear it under sunscreen , under makeup and at night with no issue . its very light but very hydrating . I also know some CVS and Shoprite sell it , but I have never been able to find it there . enjoy the weekend 

Honored Contributor

D9A5B34F-DB5A-4740-B855-4029464F0644.png

Ultra Repair Cream contains Glceryl Stearate, which is comedogenic. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lkat  I recently started using Mario Badescu products.  He offers dry/acne prone products and there is 25% off of $35 order which ends up being $26 and free shipping.  Take a look on his website.  There are several products for your condition.  I am extremely pleased with his products.  I love his Buttermilk moisturizer and Chamomile cleansing lotion.  Also his Chamomile shampoo.

If you go to Mario's website search "Dry Acne Prone"

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I like the Paula's Choice products.  If you go to their website, they offer a variety of products that may be helpful to you.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@lkat   I have acne prone skin, too.  My skin don't do well with Clinique's Dramatic Difference Line, but the Clinique's Moisture Surge Line does not break me out. Have you tried that?

Also, Origin's GinZing Gel Moisturizer and the High Potency Night-A Mins don't break me out, either.  

Good luck in your search.