Respected Contributor

Re: Need rec for vitamin C serum or lotion

On 8/9/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 8/9/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/9/2014 Andreatoo said: Skinn, philosophy, and Paula's Choice all do a straight C that you can add to anything you are already using. The first 2 our powders and the last is a liquid. personally I prefer that then adding a whole new cream or serum loaded with other stuff to my routine
Have you tried Skinn's C powder?
not yet but I plan to! It's only $17 on his website . meanwhile the same amount of philosophy is 40 bucks!
For whatever it is worth, I have tried it. Eek, I hated it. Gritty, sticky, just nasty stuff, IMO.
Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Andreatoo said: Skinn, philosophy, and Paula's Choice all do a straight C that you can add to anything you are already using. The first 2 our powders and the last is a liquid. personally I prefer that then adding a whole new cream or serum loaded with other stuff to my routine
not yet but I plan to! It's only $17 on his website . meanwhile the same amount of philosophy is 40 bucks!
For whatever it is worth, I have tried it. Eek, I hated it. Gritty, sticky, just nasty stuff, IMO.
oh I'm really sorry to hear that! I guess I won't be trying it lol how on earth did he mess that up?!what a shame because those are the only two powders that I know of and I even asked while I was in Sephora last weekend
Respected Contributor

oh I'm really sorry to hear that! I guess I won't be trying it lol how on earth did he mess that up?!what a shame because those are the only two powders that I know of and I even asked while I was in Sephora last weekend
Maybe I had a former or old formula. I used the Philosophy C powder long ago and it was worlds better. You might try looking on Skin Actives website. Bet you'd find one there for a reasonable price. In fact, there are a few other sites that sell ingredients for making your own.
Honored Contributor

Maybe I had a former or old formula. I used the Philosophy C powder long ago and it was worlds better. You might try looking on Skin Actives website. Bet you'd find one there for a reasonable price. In fact, there are a few other sites that sell ingredients for making your own.
I will look into it, thank you. Meanwhile I'll start a thread about the skinn and see if others have had the same reaction as you because the price is certainly right
Super Contributor

Skinn's vitamin C powder is the best I've used and have used a bunch of different brands. Bought mine on EBay.
Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Southern Fried Chick said: Skinn's vitamin C powder is the best I've used and have used a bunch of different brands. Bought mine on EBay.
no sticky no gritty?
Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Dharma_Initiative said: What is the pH of the ASDM serum?

I sent them an email asking the ph of both of their vitamin c serums. I'll post what they say:-)

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 BellaCarro said: If you do a search you will find a great deal of information in threads here. Just recently there was a lot of information and discussion on the different forms of Vit C. You should know there are three: MAP, SAP, LAP. There are different schools of thought on which is the best. Some C serums, such as NCN, use more than one form in their serums along with adding other ingredients (ferulic, etc.) to stabilize and enhance their end result. So before deciding on a C serum you may want to investigate a little. Really, just search on this forum and you'll find intelligent, researched, and thoughtful information. To throw in my two cents and for reasons I just mentioned, my choice in Vit C serum is one from NCN, although there are others that meet most of my criteria.

Thanks. I'll do a search!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I have had a great experience with the Paula's Choice Vitamin C - I am going to be ordering my second bottle soon.

Really helps fade scars from past breakouts and generally firm skin on my face that was beginning to look crepey. It also seems to make skin brighter. I love it.

Respected Contributor

My fave has been Ole Hendriksen. I got a sample in one of the Beauty Tubes here but found a better price elsewhere. But now the price here is best and you get more! It works really well.

A233133 Is the Truth Serum (has rose hip Vit C.)

It made my skin VERY smooth. The same line makes a really great Red Bush Tea cleanser. There is a sampler-of-the-line box you can buy. A331754

I used to buy it at Amazon and Sephora but it's now more reasonable at QVC, yay!