Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need rec for vitamin C serum or lotion

On 8/9/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've been using Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum since last year. I like it very much. Even so, I've been looking at some other ones lately...kind of stumbled on a few during other "shopping". I've been able to sample Skinfood's Pomegranate Volume Serum (lotion consistency) and am thinking of ordering it. I've been reading about pomegranates being high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Plus it's high in ellagic acid. In my research I've read that ellagic acid prevents collagen destruction and photoaging (cause of wrinkles and uneven skintone), and is quite successful in preventing skin cancers.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090421154318.htm

Jean, my Andalou day cream contains pomegranate! Yea! You should check them out! They were voted #1 in natural skin care! I use the 1000 roses line, it smells divine. I use the day cream and the foam cleanser, they both smell divine, the rose scent! LOVE! Wanted a C serum, think I'll order the ASDM one..still debating. Thanks for your input!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 8/9/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've been using Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum since last year. I like it very much. Even so, I've been looking at some other ones lately...kind of stumbled on a few during other "shopping". I've been able to sample Skinfood's Pomegranate Volume Serum (lotion consistency) and am thinking of ordering it. I've been reading about pomegranates being high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Plus it's high in ellagic acid. In my research I've read that ellagic acid prevents collagen destruction and photoaging (cause of wrinkles and uneven skintone), and is quite successful in preventing skin cancers.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090421154318.htm

Jean, my Andalou day cream contains pomegranate! Yea! You should check them out! They were voted #1 in natural skin care! I use the 1000 roses line, it smells divine. I use the day cream and the foam cleanser, they both smell divine, the rose scent! LOVE! Wanted a C serum, think I'll order the ASDM one..still debating. Thanks for your input!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

If you do a search you will find a great deal of information in threads here. Just recently there was a lot of information and discussion on the different forms of Vit C. You should know there are three: MAP, SAP, LAP. There are different schools of thought on which is the best. Some C serums, such as NCN, use more than one form in their serums along with adding other ingredients (ferulic, etc.) to stabilize and enhance their end result. So before deciding on a C serum you may want to investigate a little. Really, just search on this forum and you'll find intelligent, researched, and thoughtful information. To throw in my two cents and for reasons I just mentioned, my choice in Vit C serum is one from NCN, although there are others that meet most of my criteria.
Super Contributor

What is the pH of the ASDM serum?
Respected Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Dharma_Initiative said: What is the pH of the ASDM serum?
Ah, good question.
Esteemed Contributor

I just read that its ph balanced! Thats a good thing..I am getting very excited about this line!

Also, the vitamin C is MAP..which is less irritating..this is what I was looking for!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I use the Andalou oil and it contains pomegranate oil as well (4th ingredient). Love the scent of that oil and it is very light. Do you use the beauty oil too, emm? I really like the Andalou roses (sensitive) line!

Honored Contributor

I just read that its ph balanced! Thats a good thing..I am getting very excited about this line!

Also, the vitamin C is MAP..which is less irritating..this is what I was looking for!

lol, what does that mean?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:

ASDM Vitamin C serum. Pricing is great and there are quite a few of us using it. Go to asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom. They should also have a 20% Labor Day Sale. They also carry a stronger version with ferulic acid (???). Read the end of the ASDM thread about that product.

I found a 10% coupon, but shipping is free! I love the simple ingredients. Do you think its ok for sensitive skin?? I SO want to try it, Tia!

Get the one without the ferulic (stronger one) which is for sensitive skin. I can use it and my skin freaks out a lot!! Make sure you shake it, we just found that out, lol. I haven't heard anyone say they don't like it.

Thats the one (without the ferulic) I've been looking at, STRONGER is never good for me, lol! Thanks Kat!!!

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I'd want to know the number. Anything can state, "balanced". Also, MAP may be more stable but is not as effective or as well absorbed as LAP.