Esteemed Contributor

Need rec for vitamin C serum or lotion

I was at the Vitamin cottage and one of the SA's told me she likes Jason's vitamin C moisturizing cream. Wanted to check out this forum, I've gotten good suggestions for skin care! Tia!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Re: Need rec for vitamin C serum or lotion

ASDM Vitamin C serum. Pricing is great and there are quite a few of us using it. Go to asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom. They should also have a 20% Labor Day Sale. They also carry a stronger version with ferulic acid (???). Read the end of the ASDM thread about that product.

Trusted Contributor

Ole Henriksons Truth serum

Super Contributor

Just recently I tried Mad Hippie's Vitamin C serum and currently testing Azure Naturals. No adverse reactions, but no real "brightening" either. I don't think I've given enough time to find true results......but then again, maybe I'm "bright" enough?! Cool

Super Contributor

Have only recently been using Mad Hippie and Ole's Truth and like both lots. Only time will tell.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:

ASDM Vitamin C serum. Pricing is great and there are quite a few of us using it. Go to asdmbeverlyhillsdotcom. They should also have a 20% Labor Day Sale. They also carry a stronger version with ferulic acid (???). Read the end of the ASDM thread about that product.

I found a 10% coupon, but shipping is free! I love the simple ingredients. Do you think its ok for sensitive skin?? I SO want to try it, Tia!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks girls, the ASDM sounds good..I like the price (10% off) free ship and the simple ingredients. My skin likes simple..I also use Andalou, but this is 2 ounces instead of the Andalou for 1 ounce, and it doesn't contain as much C.

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I've been using Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum since last year. I like it very much. Even so, I've been looking at some other ones lately...kind of stumbled on a few during other "shopping". I've been able to sample Skinfood's Pomegranate Volume Serum (lotion consistency) and am thinking of ordering it. I've been reading about pomegranates being high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Plus it's high in ellagic acid. In my research I've read that ellagic acid prevents collagen destruction and photoaging (cause of wrinkles and uneven skintone), and is quite successful in preventing skin cancers.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090421154318.htm

Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 8/9/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I found a 10% coupon, but shipping is free! I love the simple ingredients. Do you think its ok for sensitive skin?? I SO want to try it, Tia!

Get the one without the ferulic (stronger one) which is for sensitive skin. I can use it and my skin freaks out a lot!! Make sure you shake it, we just found that out, lol. I haven't heard anyone say they don't like it.

Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 emmiesmom said:

Thanks girls, the ASDM sounds good..I like the price (10% off) free ship and the simple ingredients. My skin likes simple..I also use Andalou, but this is 2 ounces instead of the Andalou for 1 ounce, and it doesn't contain as much C.

I think that either Maren or Myshell use the Andalou SPF and the Vit C. I could be confused though because those two have been on a sunscreen mission and I can't keep up, lol.

I forgot to mention that when you make a purchase from ASDM you accumulate points, when you reach 200 you can pick out a free product.