Super Contributor

Need rec for drugstore moisturizer & Vit C serum

I recently started using a retinol  and am seeing results. I need a moisturizer without parabens and a Vitamin C serum.  You folks have never led me astray! I value your opinions above web reviews.

i have used expensive face creams in the past and don't see any difference. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need rec for drugstore moisturizer & Vit C serum

I'm also looking for a new, good Vitamin C.  I've heard a lot of things about the Skinceutical line.  It's supposed to be an awesome serum--it might be a ferulic, but it gets fabulous reviews.  I'm not sure if Olay has a Vitamin C or not.

I believe there are a few posters who are very versed on a good vitamin C.  
Mad Hippie has one that I've used.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I'm using CSI Vitamin C+ 12% Youth Serum. I order from Vitacost. $16.20 for 1 ounce. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea. This doesn't sting or irritate. It only has 2 ingredients. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you want a Vit. C product you can walk into any drugstore and buy, I highly recommend the Avalon Organics line.  I believe their "vitality serum" is 18% vitamin C (but don't quote me on that) -- they also have Vit C cleanser, moisturizing cream, and lotion.  I've used them all over the years.   All in the $15-20 price range, even at Kroger supermarkets.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

i have been using Puritn Pride Anti Oxidant Vit Cream for over a year...

Reordered with great savings... By 1 get 2 more.. They come in a 4.0z size..

Great Company.

Am 79,very sensitive fair skin.. Very gentle but does improve you skin..

Hope this helps.

lovestodance

Honored Contributor

It's hard to recommend a skincare product to anyone without actually knowing what kind of skin they have. But many dermatologists have recommended using moisturizers which contain ceramides for people using retinoid products.Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

To expand on @SilleeMee's recommendation, the drugstore brand CeraVe contains ceramides and is often recommended by dermatologists. I use their pm moisturizer in the morning and evening and quite like it.

Valued Contributor

I love Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Acid, and Miracle Retinol Moisturizer. Avalon Organics are also very good, but my skin just prefers the Radha.  

Respected Contributor

I love Philosophy skin care and swear by it but...........I think being faithful and consistent with any skincare is the secret. 

Respected Contributor

Well, just to add to your choices, lol, I recommend Timeless. I purchase from their website and Angie from  Hot 'n Flashy on YouTube gives a 10 percent discount code.