Super Contributor

Re: Need of great none expensive face cream….suggestions ??

I went from PTR to Elf when I retired.  It does a great job and so does the eye cream.  Like everyone above said, it's more about diet, plenty of water, and sunscreen/hat.  I don't see a difference for better or worse since using an inexpensive cream as long as I use it every day AND I enjoy not wasting my money.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @JeanLouiseFinch  @Kitty Galore 

I can vouch for Gold Bond, I have been using this for several months now, I use only a small dab for my entire face, it's scent free and non-greasy.  I have been using expensive facial creams up until I tried this Gold Bond, so far I am pleased with it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore 

I am with you on this one.  I've always used expensive lines and in the last six months or so I've been experimenting with less expensive lines to see if they are just as efficacious as the more expensive ones...and they are!  My personal recommendation is Naturium.  Naturium makes up the bulk of my skincare routine now.  I'm also now trying a few of the e.l.f. Holy Hydration skincare products and am impressed!  I plan to incorporate those products in with my Naturium.  Bye-bye $95 moisturizer!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I found the ELF brand of face creams at Target.  They're wonderful.  I am 69 with dry, sensitive skin.  I use the hydrating day & night creams in the blue container.  They have really changed my skin.  The hydration and softness lasts all day or night.  I think they run around $13.  They have starter kits of all their formulas on their website.

@brandiwine 

I just bought the Holy Hydration Day cream and am considering the night cream, too, but wanted to test one out before I go all in, even though it is a very inexpensive "go all in".  What is the night cream like & can you tell a difference between that & the day cream?  When you have a moment, please let me know.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Clinique moisture surge intense

Contributor

I am a Tatcha Fan - love all her products - BUT I must admit - speaking to a friend about our Crepey Skin - she suggested Gold Bond for Crepey Skin!!  I truly cannot believe it - it has improved my crepey arm - no - the crepeyness hasn't disappeared - but it sure does a better job than Crepe-Ease!  I would try Gold Bond products without hesitation!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this one from GOLD BOND. The price is shocking for what you get here. At least give this one a try. It won't break the bank. It's $5...! The ingredients are good, too.

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this one from GOLD BOND. The price is shocking for what you get here. At least give this one a try. It won't break the bank. It's $5...! The ingredients are good, too.

@SilleeMee 

wow !  that sure is a great price for all you get including being fragrance free which is what I like !  Thanks wil give it a try .

Pure Moisture Daily Body & Face Lotion | Gold Bond®

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Kitty Galore I have extremely sensitive skin. Many products that say they are for sensitive skin will cause a reaction. My current go to product is Clinique Moisture Surge. It stops that dry, pulling sensation. As far as creams go, I can only safely use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 2. Too much stimulation to my skin causes an itchy rash and sometimes breakouts.

In the past I have needed a "burst of cortisone" pills to get the reaction under control. I have had to have a cortisone injection on three different occasions. I do not experiment like many on this beauty board. My face would explode if I applied all those products.

@On It  I too have had to have predisone and cortisone injections because of reactions .  Although this was years ago ,  I stay Leary if new products .   Funny you suggested Clinique cause recently I switched from tatcha cleanser to Clinique take off the day and love it , no reaction plus much cheaper !   I used to use the yellow lotion,   think it's called Dramatically different mixture lotion .  That was when I was in my 20's.  Maybe it's worth trying again .  I think I need a bit more moisture now though so wil look into one that is a cream .

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore , I'm also getting into the Naturium line, I have the spf 50 day cream, and a cleanser.  I just ordered 5 more items from their site...today is the last day for 20 percent off...very reasonable prices. 

I also have used and liked the NO 7 line, (pink pkg).

Naturium has the lowest prices yet.  Nice ingredients IMO.    

Shiseido is my favorite...I rarely pay full price...I shop around for sales or sets...Macys offers at times.  I've found alot at TjMaxx too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

I went from PTR to Elf when I retired.  It does a great job and so does the eye cream.  Like everyone above said, it's more about diet, plenty of water, and sunscreen/hat.  I don't see a difference for better or worse since using an inexpensive cream as long as I use it every day AND I enjoy not wasting my money.  

@Jaspertimes @Never heard of Elf   Will look into it .  thanks