Valued Contributor

Re: Need of great none expensive face cream….suggestions ??

@Kitty Galore  Well currently for daytime I am using Tatcha Silk cream. But at night, I use my other less expensive favorite which is Farmacy Honey Halo. They have great products that use all clean ingredients and top notch ones like Royal Jelly and 3 types of Hylarounic acids for plumping. They use lot of it too because they are high up in he ingredient list. Also, if you have sensitive skin, you can't go wrong with this Company. They have many wonderful products so you are bound to find something you like, and they have a loyalty rewards program that gives you money off for money spent with them. Then there is DHC which is another Japanese skin care company that I have used for years and still do, prior to any Tatcha products. They are amazing and less than Tatcha and their products are fabulous. I do a lot of reasearch on products and their ingredients before I ever purchase them and all of these are tried and true for me. Have fun and good luck!

Honored Contributor

For me, a better diet from not eating out so often and therefore not as much of the "three food groups" (salt, fat and sugar)  has helped as much as anything I have ever put on my face.

Also, not being in the sun as often and  not getting my face as dirty (hands touching, pollen and dust) I believe have helped to calmed redness and irritation down.

I also think putting too many things and trying too many different products wasn't helping me.   

Respected Contributor

I found the ELF brand of face creams at Target.  They're wonderful.  I am 69 with dry, sensitive skin.  I use the hydrating day & night creams in the blue container.  They have really changed my skin.  The hydration and softness lasts all day or night.  I think they run around $13.  They have starter kits of all their formulas on their website.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

I can't pay attention to ingredients. It doesn't matter what the "best" ingredients are many times a product with the "best" ingredient doesn't do anything for my skin or makes me break out.

Granted, I have very picky/peculier skin.

I have to try all of the products & find the one with the best mix of ingredients or the ones that my skin likes.

I am having good luck with the Beekman line. 

Bloom Cream & I have some of the serums.

Between QVC, HSN & Ulta I only get them when they are on sale but it wouldn't matter. They work well for me. 

Beekman was never on my radar. A plastic surgeon I follow recommended the Oh! Milk facial oil so I bought some and really liked it. They had the Milkshake TSV on  HSN  and I started looking at it. The reviews were outstanding so I bought it. I fell  in love after the first use. I looked at more of their skincare and went for their milk serum and started a deep dive into them and their skincare is well liked and gets great reviews everywhere. 

Respected Contributor

I think Olay makes really good not too expensive creams and lotions in a good variety.

Respected Contributor

Just using Beekman Bloom cream and serum. Wash face with goat milk soap first, then a witch hazel toner (drug store), then the serum and cream. 
Have only been using the Beekman for a few days but so far I like how my face looks and feels. 
Previously used products from the No.7 line. Really like those and they are affordable. But decided to try Beekman because I like the benefits of goat milk

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I switched to CeraVe Am & Pm moisturizer and I'm liking it.  On YouTube there is Dr. Dray and Drugstore Dermatolist.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this one from GOLD BOND. The price is shocking for what you get here. At least give this one a try. It won't break the bank. It's $5...! The ingredients are good, too.

Pure Moisture Daily Body & Face Lotion | Gold Bond®

@SilleeMee  What's the consistency like?  Similar to the Alpha Skincare Lotion?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this one from GOLD BOND. The price is shocking for what you get here. At least give this one a try. It won't break the bank. It's $5...! The ingredients are good, too.

Pure Moisture Daily Body & Face Lotion | Gold Bond®

@SilleeMee  What's the consistency like?  Similar to the Alpha Skincare Lotion?

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Yes, I would say so. It's a thick lotion, not runny. Very much like a lightweight cream.

Super Contributor

I use CeraVe.